Spang from e-stand please discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spang from e-stand please discus

There are some doubt about this spange i have currently on sale on the e-stand, bought from claus Phillip.

When i bought it was already discussed
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=kokstok
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

well, since you asked for opinions, here's mine:

The swas isn't square
      The bird appears to be tilted to the right.

I'm NOT an expert in this field, I have seen a lot of Spange that I would pass on, but are given the thumbs up here on the forum.

I would pass on this one.

Best regards,
      Ben

Comment

I believe the wierd shape is attributed to the photo angle. I wouldn't throw this one away just yet. Can you make a scan?

Comment

Is that a lack of symmetry between the two wings? Bird's beak looks unusally short. Chest looks wide. Is that all angle? A better scan would help.
          Attached Files

Comment

The spange is a fake in my opinion.

1: Beak is missing.
            2: Details are missing compared to the left leg.
            3: The vein is missing in this oakleaf.
            4: These surfaces are not covered with finish/paint.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

i am sure that the posts like the ones by brian and peter are the kind that many, me included, love to see. thanks guys.

Comment

I'll withdraw the item from the e-stand and try to get my money back.
                One thing is bothering me that the person who wanted the spange to be discused hasn't joint the discussion.

Comment

Rene, why would that bother you. I asked you to put it up for discussion. If I had then jumped in at the start and said I thought it was fake how many responses would you have recieved? People see a moderator has responded and feel the matter is closed.

By waiting until the end I can see I was not the only person to have a problem with this spange for many of the same reasons that have already been given.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                    Rene, why would that bother you. I asked you to put it up for discussion. If I had then jumped in at the start and said I thought it was fake how many responses would you have recieved? People see a moderator has responded and feel the matter is closed.

By waiting until the end I can see I was not the only person to have a problem with this spange for many of the same reasons that have already been given.
                    I fully agree to that, a wise decision IMO.

But I still don't like the Spange, and I would have passed on it.

@ kokstok:
                    The original discussion was inconclusive, but you still bought it.
                    What made decide to put it up for sale again so quickly??

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                      I fully agree to that, a wise decision IMO.

But I still don't like the Spange, and I would have passed on it.

@ kokstok:
                      The original discussion was inconclusive, but you still bought it.
                      What made decide to put it up for sale again so quickly??

Ben
                      Dear Ben, i had already bought the spange, and the original discussion did not conclude it was a "fake" and the fact that i am selling it is because i am changing my collecting field, please do not think anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
                        Dear Ben, i had already bought the spange, and the original discussion did not conclude it was a "fake" and the fact that i am selling it is because i am changing my collecting field, please do not think anything else.
                        Fair enough René , but we all have seen enough weird actions lately that make one suspicious....

Regards,
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                          Fair enough René , but we all have seen enough weird actions lately that make one suspicious....

Regards,
                          Ben
                          I will never sell a fake for original, everyone who know's me would subscribe that

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
                            I will never sell a fake for original, everyone who know's me would subscribe that
                            René, I didn't mean to incriminate you, but as I already wrote.
                            odd things happen.
                            It seems a bit odd when you buy a spange, put it up for discussion, and then put it up for sale again right away.

And you might be right, there are very little people I trust in this hobby.
                            It's more and maore about the money, if you know what I mean......

Regards,
                            Ben

Comment

[It seems a bit odd when you buy a spange, put it up for discussion, and then put it up for sale again right away.

Regards,
                              Ben[/quote]

I checked, the first posting was 07/05/2006

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X