GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War Merit Cross 1st. Cl. - Is It A Good One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Merit Cross 1st. Cl. - Is It A Good One?

I can't find much info. on the war merit crosses. I don't have good feelings about this one. eg:Pin shape, unmarked. Could someone help out please?
    Wolfgang
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The detail on the wreath around the swas looks a bit no no. But wait for the real experts. Good luck

Comment

Good unmarked Deschler

Comment

Thank you very much Darrell, it's one I can keep and feel good about then.
            Wolfgang

Comment

Yep, unmarked Deschler. Not bad looking either.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                Thank you very much Darrell, it's one I can keep and feel good about then.
                Wolfgang
                You bet. Nothing to worry about. Here's one I have for comparison:
                Attached Files

Comment

Rev.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is a very nice clean example! Do you know if these are made from nickel silver? The way mine has aged does not look like the later zink version.
                    Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                      That is a very nice clean example! Do you know if these are made from nickel silver? The way mine has aged does not look like the later zink version.
                      Wolfgang
                      I can't tell a lie. I posted mine a few years back. It was purchased with a terrible ugly greenish blue patina on it. This was the ONLY time I have ever polished a badge. I must say the results made me appreciate the item more. I normally cringe at the thought of anyone polishng these artifacts, however, this one I couldn't stand the way it looked.

IF ... (and I would suggest you DON'T) you ever polished yours, I would bet it would sparkle just like mine. But yours has that "nice" patina that I love in a badge.

Comment

Thanks for the confession Darrel.
                        You are right, I won't touch mine.
                        Wolfgang

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X