Unmarked EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK1

I've been offered this, is it a keeper or should i pass. or . Thanks for looking

Pass.

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Eastern copy I think

Comment

I am still far from being an expert on the EKs, leave alone the EK1s, but I've seen this hinch too often in copies, recently... let me get a pic of a very popular fake EK1 - these are produed by the tons, the other badges have the same hinge, also the needle is very similar on most of the fake badges from this Repro maker....
        Voila.... - when I see this Hinge in combination with this needle, I run as fast as I can.... Also - it reminds me of the hinge used on the F.O Destroyers Fakes - could that possibly be the same Fake Factory the two come from if that one's a fake?

Last edited by R. Schmitt; 01-18-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Okrach View Post
          Eastern copy I think
          No, No 'I think' I am sure

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and help, i'll pass on this one.

Comment

This is a well known fake, plenty of references here on the forum. Posting this for easternthunder, and any other newer guys who want mo' info.

3 o'clock arm, inner top row of beading is very straight. One inner corner is waaaaay off from the swaz. No "loose" or misaligned core is going to do this. And the beading on all inner corners is crap. Combine this with a non-original pin, and you've got a bad cross.

Oh, you can also reference the "1939", it doesn't compare to known originals also, but - for instance - Souvals have the non-aligned 3, so it's not always a strong arguing point. The absolute crapness of the frame is the strong arguing point.

best
              Hank
              Last edited by hankmeister; 02-18-2007, 09:26 PM.
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank, may thanks for posting this up, very much appreciated.
                glen

Comment

Well done, Hank.

Robert

Comment

the hankmeister is truely a Meister

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X