Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion - KVK2 with swords.....

Hello All,
    Up for discussion is a KVK2 with swords. Please ignore the fact the ribbon loop is missing and give your honest and constructive opinions on the cross, your likes/dislikes etc.
    It weighs alot less than all others in my collection, including the ones without swords and is roughly 2/3rds the thickness of them. It is easy to bend, using no more pressure than it would take to snap a pencil and the metal is also dented by giving it the 'tooth test'. Also, note the 'seam' running around the edges.
    If you have any questions, please ask.

Pic 1: Obverse.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM.

Pic 2: Reverse.
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3: Not the best but compare the thickness to another cross on the left.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see a cast line on the edge. The details are also lacking.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Pic 4: Easy to bend.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5: From another angle.
            Attached Files

Comment

cast copy imo

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                Pic 4: Easy to bend.
                I love this picture. "Hand folded by recipient"

I also think that it is a cast copy.

Don't worry about the thickness. I have 3 original kvkII without swords and they are in three different thicknesses.

Cheers, Thomas

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far gentlemen and apology's for the poor pics.

Comment

If you look at pic #2 on the bottom right sword you can clearly see cast bubbbles or pits

As well here is a question! Can you write you name on paper with it whitout pressing hard??

Well with anything with lead in it you can do it. Zink you have to press very hard.

sorry

Comment

No pun intended Adrian if you bought it in good faith but it's really so bad it hurts.

No reason to look for cast bubbles or anything else. If this is the worst the fakers can come up with we're safe so far, lol.

Comment

I posted the KVK for a reason. I had received it from a dealer and immediately had the same reaction as has already been posted above. I contacted the dealer and explained my concerns, the dealer thought it was a good one but also mentioned it may have slipped through, I was offered a refund or replacement. I asked if they would mind me posting the dodgy KVK I received here for more opinions and for reference. I emailed the link to this thread to the dealer and received a mint, tombak, mm example as my replacement.

Comment

The KVK is an underrated award. The piece shown has blurred details and casting seams along the sides. Clearly a fake. Original pieces should have crisp, well defined detalils. Corners and edges should be sharp. It is wrong to assume that the KVK should be inferior in quality just because its low status.

Peter

Comment

Not to mention the missing ring and the colour is all wrong.

The KVK is very underrated but that keeps the prices down for the pleasure of collectors. One thing that puzzles me is that for the most handed out TR award you can't find any reference books. You have books covering everything else except kvk's for some reason.

Gordon Williamson started to write one in 2002 and I've checked Benders site regularly but nothing so far.

Comment

KVKII W/Swords (110)

-
                              Last edited by ivanjsl1474; 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM. Reason: Moved to a new thread

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X