Ek2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2

Whilst I was scratting about in the rest of my stuff I came across this EK2 I have so I thought I'd post a picture of it for you to look at.
    I have no idea if it is a genuine one or not - it was sold as a proper one when I bought it years ago but I don't know that much about them - I only bought it because for some reason I decided I must have an Iron Cross...it's one of them things that everyone recognizes from that time along with the likes of the steel helmet, gas mask tin, MP40 etc and I just decided I wanted one for that reason...

It's an unmarked cross as far as I can see - or it could just be me dodgy eyes! It has a packet with it but I can't remember if the packet and cross came together though I can't imagine why I would of bought the packet seperate so I guess they must (it's been a few years since I got it - about 15 and I just can't remember), packet looks original but I don't know if its a match for the cross - though you lot seem to be able to tell who made the crosses on here even without makers marks so maybe you 'll be able to tell if the two are a 'match'?

Anyhow - here goes...

Sorry if the pictures are a bit dodgy...

Cheers

Looks very good to me! Better closeups would be great, but these pics are good enough to say "original".

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for the reply - it was sold as original all them years ago but I guess unless you know about these things you are never sure? It's nice to have some confirmation that all seems okay with it.

Anywhere in particular I would need to photograph closer up? Though I'm not sure the camera is up to it....

Comment

Hello

The cross is without a doubt a genuine original.

Closer in shots of the front and back, face on, are needed to determine the maker, but from what I can make out so far, I'd guess maker 100 Rudolf Wachtler und Lange. Obviously, without the better pictures, this is only a best guess and not a definite answer.

Regards
        David

Comment

would agree nice original, , I too would go for mm100. All the best

Comment

Wouldn't know the maker myself, not enough experience yet, but it's definitely an original & pretty nice one at that

Comment

I agree with the previous comments.
              It sure looks like a 100 - Wachtler und Lange,
              It has the characteristic 'hump', the low dates and the chopped '3' in 1813.
              Nice cross!
              Regards - Danny

Comment

Cheers folks - nice to hear that it's the real thing!

I'll try and get some better pics in daylight without the flash in the next couple of days and see if they are of any help to ID it.
                I know personally I wouldn't have a clue about ID etc...

Comment

Hello Mike,

I've been away from collecting for a while so might be a little rusty but I agree with the other members who have posted saying it looks like a '100'.
                  I've got 4 and its a damn good match to them!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X