Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Silver (also boxed)

Hello again,

As per the Knights cross, i also found a pair of German crosses. The silver one is fairly special, i believe as it contains the, presumably original cellophane wrapper for the medal.

Pictures are to follow...

James

Comment

Many thanks for posting those photos for me again.

The Silver german cross is in a black box with a gold band and velvet lined.

The rear of the cross has four rivets and the nubmer 20 along the back of the pin.

The cellophane has obviously been opened, but by the looks of it the edges of the medal were to blame for this. There is no tarnishing or wear on any part of this cross, making it very unusual.

If any more pictures are required i would be happy to take some

james

Comment

Dear James,

I PMed you ref the cross. "20" is the maker mark for Zimmermann. Cases normally have a line around the lid which cooresponds to the grade of the cross, i.e. gold line for gold German Cross, Silver line for Silver German Cross. Most of the Zimmermann Silver German Crosses a friend of mine has handled have gold line.

Gary B
        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

the pics come out huge on my comp so carnt have a proper look.pic of the date would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark View Post
            the pics come out huge on my comp so carnt have a proper look.pic of the date would be nice
            Yeah, sorry about the size. I will try to post a picture of the date section when i dig out the photos of the gold german cross

James

Comment

James
              Your German Cross and your Knight Cross are all very fine and original pieces with good value.

Peter

Comment

James, very nice cross. The DKiS is one of my favorite awards. I was lucky enough to purchase an excellent zimmerman at last year's SOS.

Gary, You are right about the gold striped cases Zimmerman used. Also, Congrats on post #1000

Everyone have a Happy New Year,

Comment

Wow One of THE mintiest Silver DKiG's I have ever seen. Awesome piece. You would hate to guess what this one would sell for mate. Based on condition ... I'd say in the $4k range easy.

Comment

Hello

That has to be the best DKiS that I have ever seen. Hold on to it. Prices on these just keep rising, and in that condition you'll have no problem selling it - and getting top money for it as well.

Regards
                    David

Comment

Lid of the case of the German Cross in Silver

Hello Friends:

I bought one month ago a "20" German Cross in silver with a case similar to you. I am not sure that in my medal it is correct that the lid of the box in in Gold, Can I help me in this question, this is correct ?????

The dealer give me a long life guarantie that the set is correct and confirm me that there are never see a "20 " with the lid in silver only possibility in the first year of WWII.

Thanks a lot

RS

Comment

Originally posted by James Edwards View Post
                        Many thanks for posting those photos for me again.

The Silver german cross is in a black box with a gold band and velvet lined.

The rear of the cross has four rivets and the nubmer 20 along the back of the pin.

The cellophane has obviously been opened, but by the looks of it the edges of the medal were to blame for this. There is no tarnishing or wear on any part of this cross, making it very unusual.

If any more pictures are required i would be happy to take some

james
                        Hello Jame,

I confirm that I bought one DK " 20 " without cellophane with the same medal and the same case.

Do you think that the case is correct ????????

Ramon Sierra

Comment

Originally posted by James Edwards View Post
                          Hello again,

As per the Knights cross, i also found a pair of German crosses. The silver one is fairly special, i believe as it contains the, presumably original cellophane wrapper for the medal.

Pictures are to follow...

James
                          James see my photos in the forum:

Case german Cross in Silver ( 1 2)
                          ramon sierra

Saludos from Spain

Ramon Sierra

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X