Possible match to brass-cored EKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible match to brass-cored EKI

For a long time I have tried to tie this brass-cored EKI to a known maker. I think I finally have. An '11' EKII I have shows great potential, and may possibly be the answer to the maker of this EKI. Please study these photos with me. I have not as yet looked up any other badges made by the maker Grossmann & Co. ('11'), but that will follow.

I'll show the EKII first, then the EKI....

Robert
    Attached Files

Eki...
    Attached Files

Comment

Ekii...
      Attached Files

Comment

Eki......
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I don't see the "1939"s comparing, the 1 and the 3 both look different to me.
                But other people seem to like the 1 piece zink EK2 in another thread, so I could be off on this one too...

Just my thoughts!
                best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Not sure if this will help, but I have an EK1 that was identified as a MM11 Grossman on this forum. It too appears to have a brass core but I don't think it's brass. It is magnetic and may be copper plated iron. The rear hardware is totally different also. I've posted a few pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The rear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice iron crosses.

Happy New Year
                      Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter,

Steve, thank you for the photos. Is this pin assembly typical for a Grossmann EKI? It looks more like the C.F. Zimmermann pin assembly, but the obverse is definately not a Zimm. It's interesting that the maker Grossmann is not even on the official EKI list of manufacturers, yet they retain the EKII obverse detailing, which Grossmann did produce. My cross is non-magnetic, pure brass (tombak) core. These crosses really leave the 'door' open to the possibility of there being another name to add to the EKI manufacturer's list.

Could you possibly give one more photo to the board, showing a closeup of the inner beading and swasi, as I have done...with a little better lighting as well. I want to be sure the inner beading is not different.

Robert

Comment

I tried to get closer shots but they were all blurry. I just use natural outdoor lighting. There are the best I could get.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

Your photos are perfect. Thanks. I'm studying the inside corner beading which seems a little different. So does the swasi - it has hard corners, sharp and distinct, less beveled. Mine are softer, more subtle, and beveled. I'm still studying...

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X