Dave

Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

ill go with repro not sure on country of origin

Comment

Hello

I saw this one as well and thought it didn't look right. It's supposedly the award RK to a Hauptmann Josef "Sepp" Raab.

The translated descripition, (using Babelfish, hence some of the phrasing), from Weitze site is:

Captain Raab received the knight cross to 16.10.1944. The knight cross is blackened a typical manufacturing with a core made of non-ferrous metal. Very beautiful broad silver trim, back right marked "800" silver, the coil is likewise "marked 800". Carried piece, completely at the long carried original volume, in the back with inserted attachment eyes.

I think it's trying to be a Zimmermann or Godet, but not quite pulling it off. In my opinion the eye for the ribbon loop doesn't look right compared to the ones I've seen for these makers, and from the pictures provided it just seem to carry the sharpness or quality that would be expected from these makers.

I've attached a slightly better picture of it which may help in identifying it.

Regards
        David
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DavidM; 12-25-2006, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Not from an accepted manufacturer of the period before may 45.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I have a few of these in my fake folder. One is marked with a "lazy 2" and 800. Another one is marked with a 4 and 835.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

-

Yes, my guess is that they tried to make it look like a Zimmermann.
              I dare to say it´s not produced during the war – to put it mildly.

Comment

I think it has been mentioned before that groups aquired directly from vets often contain post-war /repro items......

Comment

Maybe it came out of the same "household" as this piece....

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=194171

Comment

-

Not impossible!

Comment

I too saw this on the site and my immediate reaction was that the geomertry is all wrong.I think this is caused by the span between the beadings where they meet the swastka is too wide.
                      Franco

Comment

Although I have one RK I do not collect them. From what little I know this picece is not an accepted example. Considering the generals tunic that is recieving alot of commentary from the same dealer I am wondering what is going on with said dealer. Is he using bogus bad items to keep his profit margin?

Chet
                        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X