Ek1 with halbetui, need a little help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 with halbetui, need a little help!

Got this very nice cross today. Its a L/11 marked cross with all corepaint remaining and a lot of nice frosting left. The case came with this cross and is of that so called halbetui model. Its all in great condition. The velvet in the lid has the LDO imprint and under cushin its marked 621 K.B..
    On the reverse it has another L-stamping which I cant totally make out.

My question is, since I never had a halbetui earlier, are these more or less sought after than the regular.
    And is it more or less worth? I'm planning of selling it so I need tip on how much I should charge for it.
    Attached Files

more1
    Attached Files

Comment

more2
      Attached Files

Comment

more 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice cross and case.

I have several crosses in the so-called halbetui case. I don't know that these type cases are any more/less desirable than the typical case.
          I dont think that I have ever paid more for a cased EK1 only because it was in a halbetui style case.

I can tell you that they are rarer that the typical case. Rarity doesn't always equate to price, though.
          -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Here's a Halbetui with a Deumer cross with the maker name on the inside lid.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

Unlike schönbeck's example, this one has the EK logo on the outside of the lid.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Nice looking cross. Why not just base the sale price on what you paid for it, regardless of all other factors?

best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Well Hank, I hoped to get more than 90 euros for that.

Comment

Well, If you ask me, I would keep it just because of it's rarity but that's just my opinion

Comment

Very nice case

I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                        Well Hank, I hoped to get more than 90 euros for that.
                        Don't misunderstand me, I believe you should make a profit on it. But if you paid - for example - 300 euro for it, then try 350. If you paid 90 for everything, try to get 150. Whatever. I just don't like it when people get something for, let's say 200 euro, then try to sell it for 600. That's excessive and greedy.
                        I know people do it, and I'm not saying you do. I'm just a fan of being reasonable. In this case, just go for a profit, don't worry about 20 or 30 euros more due to what kind of case it is.

regards,
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

hank, i justy didnt know and didnt want to sell it to cheap if the halbetui actually was more worth than the regular

Comment

Personally I feel the half cases are a cheaper version of the normal cases and as such are worth slightly less, even though they are a little harder to find in good condition.
                            This one is devoid of the EK outline on the lid and would be on the lower end of the price scale.

A nice case but not worth more than a normal case.

Brett

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X