• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oaks with Dr Klietmann COA!!!

See here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ORIGINALES-Eichen...QQcmdZViewItem

Total Repro of course...

It is interesting though as the Klietmanns were known for their post-war production of Oaks, and Oaks and swords. This must be one of their examples. Rumour had they were in posession of original dies, possibly second pattern??

I saw that earlier today. I did not like it, but seems like people are bidding on it.

Comment

Hello,

This hobby never stops amazing me.

William Kramer
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Oaks

Well, if this is what all the fuss has been about, then I cant see what there has been to worry about !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

I believe this is an S&L piece (early postwar?). Look at the bottom of the suspension loop for the small raised "o". I've got an identical set of swords which I got from George Peterson years and years ago and that's what he guessed. In person, they are really beautiful and well made, clearly die-struck.
          There has been some speculation that the "o" means "duplicate". In any case, the pattern matches S&L. The frosting and burnishing are really first class. It will be very interesting to see where the eBay listing goes and whether a German buys them.

Comment

Dr. Kurt Klietmann provided a tremendous amount of valuable research on orders, medals and badges. Unfortunately, he financed his studies by selling fakes. His wife, Anneliese Paetzold Klietmann, bought the firm of Godet and set up shop with fake medals, badges and orders, right downstairs from Dr. Klietmann's office. I don't think Anneliese bought anything but the Godet name, and named her shop "Godet".

To this day, no one has seen the mysterious post-war Godet Oak Leaves and Oak Leaves and swords. The pathetic examples that Dr. Klietmann sold, and gave his expertise to, were no more quality then the swill offered on this ebay auction.

With all that Dr. Klietmann did, for our hobby, he was just another who fell to the dark side. Sad that his memory should be so tarnished. More sad is the fact that some individual will actually believe the COA is more valuable than it's weight in toilet paper.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

It´s a sorrow, this mas was a reference long time ago for collectors comunity...COPY, COPY, COPY
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                To this day, no one has seen the mysterious post-war Godet Oak Leaves and Oak Leaves and swords.
                I would love to see one! I've seen some damn' good castings which will fool 98% of all people, though!

There could be two reasons for not having seen one:

- there are none, or
                - they are so good that one cannot see the difference

However, it is clear that Anneliese Klietmann sold all grades of the RK in 'silver' and 'silvered', among all other medals. Restrikes with the original dies or maybe S&L or whatever. Who knows?

Dietrich
                Attached Files
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

"However, it is clear that Anneliese Klietmann sold all grades of the RK in 'silver' and 'silvered', among all other medals. Restrikes with the original dies or maybe S&L or whatever. Who knows?"

Has anybody ever seen any of these?
                  George

Comment

Numbers of Oak Leaves

I have always wondered why you see so many oaks for sale, given that this award was always going to be low volume given its status, it would have been commercially insane to manufacture so many awards, especially during war time economic conditions. Your customer base ir always going to be too small. It only makes sense to make small numbers for a govt contract. I would guess alot of the Oaks on the market are exact copies struck from the original dies. As with so many third reich awards, you just don't know.

Comment

Bob well said but I've never seen a badly finished set of oaks either from the original dies. And, to be clear, aren't we talking completely and utterly of second pattern oaks... There is no plethora of first patterns that I've seen other than outright nicely done fakes but not from the original die.

George, yes, let's see some of these...

Comment

"George, yes, let's see some of these..."

Exactly. We've heard about the Klietmann products for years, and with the document posted above by Dietrich there can be little doubt that they actually exist. But where are they?
                        George

Comment

The mentioning in the price list does not mean they are 'fake Godets'. They could be but they don't need be.
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

...ah, original birth of the Rounder.

Comment

Going back to the item in question, any opinions on the ribbon and case?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ORIGINALES-Eichen...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                              Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X