No announcement yet.

help with Ek1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter ,let me take a moment to say thanks for all your help.Was also wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this piece.Jay

Comment

Well i have been looking at this tread and i sorry to say that is not even close to a Zimmerman or Godet, i did try one time to find out what maker is what but im sorry 20 and L/50 is the same. And the L/52 you show is not even close to Zimmer or Godet, i have 3 off them. Sorry
      Peter do have a point wen you look at the backside, Ground doug back side?.
      Just to say ive been offerd lots off ground doug, all from east europa.
      Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson View Post
        Peter do have a point wen you look at the backside, Ground doug back side?.
        Just to say ive been offerd lots off ground doug, all from east europa.
        Mikael
        The severe/strong pitting on the surface of the backplate and the pitting on the reverse of the needle.

Definition: Pitting corrosion is a localized form of corrosion by which cavities or "holes" are produced in the material.

Peter
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 12-10-2006, 06:37 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Hallo Jay,

First of all thank You for the extra pictures.

Well, after seeing the pictures I can't add more to what Peter said already. Although this particular cross can not be classified as Zimmermann product, it has been certainly put together from original pieces.

You asked for thumb up or down and nobody gave You a wanted opinion. Well I will put it this way - In MY opinion this cross doesn't deserve thumb down at all. However, talking about thumb up would be only appropriate in case if it was a genuine Zimmermann cross.

After all, NOBODY here can say for certain if such 'production' is a post war or not. But EVERYONE can say we shall consider such possibility. It is up to You if You accept it in Your collection or not.
          Last edited by Okrach; 12-11-2006, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Sure, Jay must know on his own if he accepts a fake or not. I reported this cross to Frank because i think selling a fake on the E-Stand will not support he froum's good reputation.
            I have bought a lots of medals on the E-Stand within the last few years. With most of the pieces (e.g. anti partisan's badge, ISA, etc..) i had no experience since i mainly collect EK1. Therefore i also expect that questionable pieces have no place on the E-Stand.

This discussed cross is more than questionable and my first thought was also what Pieter assumed - the backplate as well as the needle are orignal but ground dug. The rough surface speaks for this assumtion.

With the new picture also an unexperienced EK colector can say that this cross is not a Zimmermann since they have a very characterisitc appearience.

As a more or less experienced EK1 collector i give you a further opinion. I also strongly believe that the core is not a pre 1945 EK1 core. The front frame maybe is (stilistically it looks like a L/56 frame) but all in all i would give you the expertise that this cross was put together a long time after the war.

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
              Sure, Jay must know on his own if he accepts a fake or not. I reported this cross to Frank because i think selling a fake on the E-Stand will not support he froum's good reputation.
              I have bought a lots of medals on the E-Stand within the last few years. With most of the pieces (e.g. anti partisan's badge, ISA, etc..) i had no experience since i mainly collect EK1. Therefore i also expect that questionable pieces have no place on the E-Stand.

This discussed cross is more than questionable and my first thought was also what Pieter assumed - the backplate as well as the needle are orignal but ground dug. The rough surface speaks for this assumtion.

With the new picture also an unexperienced EK colector can say that this cross is not a Zimmermann since they have a very characterisitc appearience.

As a more or less experienced EK1 collector i give you a further opinion. I also strongly believe that the core is not a pre 1945 EK1 core. The front frame maybe is (stilistically it looks like a L/56 frame) but all in all i would give you the expertise that this cross was put together a long time after the war.

Stefan
              Hallo Stefan,

I know I may risk You will dislike me for that but... nobody called it fake but You I agree this item is questionable but I would be careful with words

I agree, in regard to the KNOWN MANUFACTURERS this cross has no place among any of their products.

PS. Just a discussion Stefan - nothing personal at all

Comment

Hi Guys Thanks!!!! for all your thoughts. Jay

Comment

Hallo Thomasz,

Keine Angst, wegen einer Meinungsverschiedenheit bin ich Dir sicher nicht böse!

Gruß,

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
                    Hallo Thomasz,

Keine Angst, wegen einer Meinungsverschiedenheit bin ich Dir sicher nicht böse!

Gruß,

Stefan
                    Yeap, aber wegen meine Erfahrungen muß ich Vorsichtig sein... manche Leute akzeptieren keine Verschiedenheiten

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X