Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 spange prices

hi guys
    well, I've kinda been out-of-the-loop for a few months but...

I see detlev selling EKII spangen for around $240
    and 2 recent ones on the estand from $210-$280

I put a juicy prinzen spange on estand for $180... and it doesn't sell?
    someone get me up to speed with these prices! prinzens losing value? and ek2 spangen rocketting?

any ideas
    regards
    jon

Bad timing Jon, that's all.

Christmas is approaching.....

Ben

Comment

Hi Jon saw the award you mention very nice and was tempted but i have had some bad experiences with american post and just dont trust it anymore, so that counted me out. All the best

Comment

I still have no trouble finding 2nd Class EK Spanges for $100 to $125, at the various shows. I believe it is just the dealers and collectors trying to test the waters with higher and higher prices. Sooner or later a newcomber will buy a highly priced item and everyone's prices go up from there.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

While on topic does anyone know the ballpark for a 1st pattern. I have one and was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
            While on topic does anyone know the ballpark for a 1st pattern. I have one and was just wondering.
            for first patterns, i guess you would need to be a pioneer on that one. they dont come out every day. anything at this point would be speculation. that is unless someone else have seen one recently.

regards

jp

Comment

I saw the spange and would have wanted it but I'm broke right now. I'm passing on nice items all the time. I have a nice tomback EK2 spange with all the pins. I paid $250 for it but it came attached to one of the nicest 1914 EK2's I have. A beautiful cross on a full lenth clean ribbon. This set up looks great and must be factored in to the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Reich View Post
                for first patterns, i guess you would need to be a pioneer on that one. they dont come out every day. anything at this point would be speculation. that is unless someone else have seen one recently.

regards

jp
                I here you. I picked it up on a tunic I bought and ever since have been looking for one for sale. I have yet to see one.

Comment

I paid 225 euro's for my 1st pattern, about 6 months ago.

I think I was lucky on that one, but you see so many different prices that it's real hard to give an estimate

Ben

Comment

I agree that prices are creeping up on the EK-II spangen, but have also noted that I, personally, see fewer of them for sale that I do those for the EK-I. I have a 1st pattern EK-II spange and have been wondering about the value as well.

I am on the hunt for an EK-II spange in the blue or green 'matchbox'-style case and would pay what some might consider a crazy price for one like this:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=188695

Tried to buy this one via PM, but to no avail

Another classic case of supply and demand, IMO

Best,
                    Skip

Comment

I thought I'd missed something, but yes you're all right, I've been so busy lately I hadn't noticed xmas approaching. and maybe spangen are kind of 'in' at the mo. this place is getting more like wall st. every day
                      regards
                      jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X