UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hermann Göring Grosskreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dietrich, was the outer case of the document damaged?

Comment

I couldn't see anything, but I didn't handle it either.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

So Dietrich ,
        This case on your pic, was only made for the document off the award to HG ?

Comment

Yes. It's (just!) the box for the document.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Ive got one of these boxes,not as grand,presented to Gauleiter Wilhelm Murr by the SS of Gau Wurttemberg in 1938.

Cheers

Comment

-

Wouldn´t it be possible for Göring´s daughter to get these things back? Private property stolen by GIs. One thing is to take armystuff (like uniforms) as war booty, but when it comes to private things?

Comment

There's a great thread focused on the fate of the Göring medals at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...eferrerid=4853

Comment

Gorings medals

My understanding of the mystery of what happened to Gorings medals is as follows. Upon his surrender, he was made to remove all his medals/dagger etc....we have seen the pictures. These items were taken away and at a future point they were all broken down into the various metals/stones and then sold off, with the money being put into the German economy. Even in those days the money would have been quite a tidy sum, but no where near what the actual medals would be worth if they still existed. I have no proof of the above, but its a story I have known for over 35 years. I could well be wrong, but as the medals have never apppeared it could just be the reason why they have not done so.
                  Damien.

Comment

A number of his medals were returned to England in 1947. This included his Combined Pilots badge with diamonds. Erick Campion bought them and they were in his possetion until he sold the Combined Pilots badge with diamonds in 1980. The other medals were put on purmanent display at the RAF Museum in Hendon. On his death they were bequethed to it.What happened to the Grand cross is not known.

Comment

The Imperial War Museum in London has HG white summer tunic on display.
                      Its forbidden to take photos but i couldnt help myself. It has some very nice 3rd reich pieces.
                      Here is 2 pics of his tunic.
                      Enjoy!
                      Andrew.
                      Attached Files
                      In memory of my Uncle,
                      Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                      2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                      Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Pic No.2.
                        Cheers.
                        Attached Files
                        In memory of my Uncle,
                        Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                        2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                        Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X