Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK1 no swords L/11

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me on this one. It looks like a good one to me. It seems that there's some kind of layer on it to preserve the silver finish. So it could be a very nice one

I hope the pictures are allright.

Thanks in advance.

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?im...k1frontxo4.jpg
    http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?i...vk1backjd5.jpg
    http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pinopenzz4.jpg

The hinge has probably been repaired... I am not sure about this one but my gut tells me it is not original - I don't like the stamp and general finish. The picture of the front could be a little sharper though...

Certainly NOT an item for my collection.

Comment

Sorry, looking for the other L/11 I found this thread . Here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=KVK+L%2F11

YOUR CROSS SEEMS TO BE AN ORIGINAL ITEM according to this thread.

PS. I am still questioning the general finish of it....

Any other members opinions please?

Comment

Originally posted by Okrach View Post
        Sorry, looking for the other L/11 I found this thread . Here is the link:

YOUR CROSS SEEMS TO BE AN ORIGINAL ITEM according to this thread.

PS. I am still questioning the general finish of it....
        Well, that's my question as well. it looks like a finish to preserve the silver wash. I scrapped some off it and then the silver finish comes forward.

I'm allmost convinced that this is a good cross

Comment

Originally posted by kale010 View Post
          Well, that's my question as well. it looks like a finish to preserve the silver wash. I scrapped some off it and then the silver finish comes forward.

I'm allmost convinced that this is a good cross
          Well what You wrote makes me convinced as well. The, hinge, catch and shape are OK ... the colour of it is...hmmm.. misleading.... Maybe it is worthy to give him a bath?

Well certainly the original silver is restoration worthy but You need to be careful with that

Comment

Well what You wrote makes me convinced as well. The, hinge, catch and shape are OK ... the colour of it is...hmmm.. misleading.... Maybe it is worthy to give him a bath?

Well certainly the original silver is restoration worthy but You need to be careful with that
            You know when they make a private one I think they put on an extra layer. It looks allmost the same as thay did on an EK, just outside the black core. if you have a mint one, it also has something on it...

Comment

Anyone else an opinion about the finish?

Comment

Don't just wait for opinions - prove it good or bad for yourself

Here You have another link to look at and compare to your example.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post1673347

Comment

Don't just wait for opinions - prove it good or bad for yourself
                  I know it's a good one now, just hoped anyone had seen the finish before, because I didn't

Comment

You are not alone with such a problem. I have never seen such finish too which looks modern. But who knows what the cross was thru before?... In my opinion it is 100% good cross.

Comment

I think the cross is ok. The strange finish is a clear protection coat that has reacted with the environment around us and taken a strange and dull hue. My only problem is that you scraped and scratched the surface of it. Leave the pieces alone.

Cheers my friend.
                      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
                        The strange finish is a clear protection coat that has reacted with the environment around us and taken a strange and dull hue. My only problem is that you scraped and scratched the surface of it. Leave the pieces alone.
                        I was curious what was beneith it. Your probably right.

thx Peter

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X