Knights Cross, any clear issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross, any clear issues?

This item is one I am asking for clearer photos of to see what it might be. I'm posting the only one I have at the moment. But based on patina and ribbon, and the date it has intrigued me enough to ask for better photos. What do the KC experts think? Anything about it strike you as having potential? I like some of the details that it exhibits, but I am still a newbie with these.

Thanks in advance. Alex
    Attached Files

The dipping ring might be an issue.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering View Post
      The dipping ring might be an issue.
      I was trying to read through Wiking's Fake Gallery, but I'm getting that glazed look trying to keep it all straight. Are you saying this ring does not dip enough?

Comment

The KM eagle sure adds to the fake cross, patina, and ribbon.....I guess someone wants (someone) else to believe that the SALT air would cause such a 'look'!

Alex, it's a fake!
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Fair enough. Always wise to ask around here first. If they send me more pics I will post them, and then add them to Wiking's fake thread. Thanks.

Alex

Comment

-

Not original!

Comment

Is the gap between the upper right arm of the cross and the frame a giveaway as well. This is from a widows estate sale and I'm tempted to put in a bid of $20 to $30 just to get my hands on the fake and take a closer look.

Comment

not even close to the real thing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X