I wonder why you don't get the original Forman letter? lol
      When you go home
      Tell them for us and say
      For your tomorrow
      We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
      Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

I am only an amateur when it comes to these high end pieces but these oaks look like junk to me, they do not resemble original oaks.

Comment

Looks like doodoo to me. IMHO
          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

WHAT A STORY

"Includes a mint ribbon and a Jan. 2003 signed Letter of Guarantee from the famous English dealer and Author "Adrian Forman" to C.A. Scaglione, Esq., Buffalo, stating - "Oakleaves & Swords to the Knights Cross 1941-1945. "unmarked" Official silverplated Presentation Award Set. Set: Convex. Retaining most original frosted finish, with traces of Burnished Highlights to detail of Oakleaves & Swords. Rev: Dished bright satin silver overall. Swords: Plain on reverse. Size: Swords 24mm long. Oakleaves-Swords: 28mm high. *Single loop on reverse, other broken off when acquired by Veteran in 1945. When I first acquired this piece in 1985, Mr. V.E. Bowen examined it personally & wished to purchase it, but alas lacked the funds at the time, so it was sold elsewhere for $1500us. VERY RARE WWII ERA SET. VERY GOOD CONDITION". There are no Hallmarks that we can find. This order is not worth the $10,000.00 being asked for similar Godet Hallmarked Oak Leaves/Swords, but still worthy of a fine bid for this extremely rare set. Near mint."

I MUST ASK HOW ONE BECOMES A "FAMOUS" ENGLISH DEALER AND AUTHOR. ALSO, HOW DOES IT BECOME "OFFICIAL"?

Comment

Low starting bid ($9.99) for an expensive item like that

At least, no bids so far!
              But then again, some fool will probably bid on it in the near future!

Bjoern

Comment

OLs & Swords

Fraud!!!moremad moremad moremad

Comment

That's a shame to see that !
                  Glad to stop my subscription to this "famous" so-called author and dealer.

Comment

Regards Rick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X