Unmarked EK2....opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK2....opinions

I hate to ask, cause I know there isn't much to go on, but I have been offered this cross (and this is the only picture). I have a short buying window and I know I should never rush into purchases, but...... Any opinions on the authenticity? Please let me know. Many thanks in advance!!!
    Andy B.
    Attached Files
    Collecting minis and KVKs

Hi,

Its hard to tell from the picture but if it was me I wouldnt part with any money!
    From a quick look at a not so good pic the beading lacks detail and the crispness of a real ek mostly on the corners, which look very smooth.
    The frame does not run true with the beading which doesnt bode well,.
    and it looks like its made of some soft alloy rather than the normal metal ek's are made from.
    These are just some quick points and only my opinon but I dont like it

Comment

Why rush it? Take your time and get a piece you can feel comfortable with. Forget rush job sales.

Comment

Hello

Without better, sharper, clearer pictures, including the front of the cross, I'd pass on this. EK2s are, relatively speaking, neither rare nor expensive. So, as has been said, why rush ? Look round some of the reputable dealers sites, check out the e-stand on this forum and you will find some really nice, genuine EK2s for sale.

That said, just in case it helps out, (and I hope you don't mind that I've done this, and if you do I'll take the picture off immediately), I have enlarged and slightly enhanced your picture.

Regards
        David
        Attached Files

Comment

I would not buy it.

Peter

Comment

i agree with peter!

Comment

IF it is $2.00, go for it.

More than that, forget it.

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I don't like rush buying at all, but sometimes things happen. I was concerned with the beading myself, so you helped me confirm my opinion.
                Andy B.
                Oh yeah, the rush job was that it was being offered to me for under $50, but the decision had to be made today. When I asked for clearer pics, I never heard back. Soooo, I guess I chose wisely.
                Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Can you say fake?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X