Andre
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I personally give it an okay, but have to see what everyone else says.

Comment

For a good photo comparison of your cross and others you may have, you need not look beyond this forum's data base. On the WAF home page you'll find nearly every cross with obverse and reverse views. Just click on the....http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ and follow the promps to 2nd Class Iron Cross, and begin your search.

Robert

Comment

A quick glance through the EK2 database and I think that it may be a Deumer. Not sure though!

Comment

Originally posted by Jgeary View Post
                A quick glance through the EK2 database and I think that it may be a Deumer. Not sure though!
                Looking at the beading, the texture of the paint,etc., I think Deumer too. I've got a Deumer here to compare. Later today I'll get back home and post some photos to compare yours with.

Update note - I don't see the 'hump' on the frame to attach the ring to. I seriously doubt this now as being a Deumer, although it compares in other aspects.

Robert
                Last edited by robert pierce; 11-03-2006, 12:48 PM.

Comment

The Deumer frame 'hump'....

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Robert for the site.
                    You are right he has no Deumer dump.
                    I think may be MM 56 Robert Hauschild.
                    I´m not sure, but i´m still looking

Regards,
                    Andre

Comment

Originally posted by avalk View Post
                      Thanks Robert for the site.
                      You are right he has no Deumer dump.
                      I think may be MM 56 Robert Hauschild.
                      I´m not sure, but i´m still looking

Regards,
                      Andre
                      The '56' swastika does look a lot like yours. The beading though of the '56' is wider like the '65' or '6', and your is pretty narrow like the '55. From the very beginning I thought it looked a lot like a '55.

Robert... I'll ost one to compare.

Comment

Here's a '55' that shows the same die flaw as your original cross above. The larger arrow shows the bead that stands out to me, the flaw. This is a pretty 'clean' '55' compared to the others I have which are excessively flawed throughout. The smaller arrows are just pointing out the inside frames corners next to the swastika. The pattern looks pretty much the same as your original again, and the paint the same texture.
                        ???

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Robert thanks for you comments and help.
                          I think you´re right but they are all very simular
                          The makers 4-13-25-56-106-137 also look the same.

Regards,
                          Andre

Comment

Andre,

It is sometimes very hard to identify an Iron Cross. There are so many variables such as lighting, condition of cross, direction of light source in photograph, etc., etc. There are also makers which used other manufacturer's cores/frames or changed their core dies, and finishing techniques throughout the years of production. One example is the cross '27'. One example by the maker has a very high profile swastika and the stamp on the ring is not in a box like we sometimes see, it is a large number stamped on the ring, '27'. The other example by the same maker has a much lower profile swastika and the ring stamp is in a small box and is much smaller in comparison to the other example. And both examples used the same frame. There are many makers that had variants also. I have crosses put away that I pull once in a while to try once more to identify. My best source or tool is still my other marked crosses. Looking through a 10X loop you see a whole lot more than you do by looking at someone else's photo.

Robert

Comment

That´s a good idea, first collect the marked crosses
                              than you have good samples

Regards,
                              Andre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X