Check This Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check This Guys

Do you guys remember this cross in resent thread?
    Hold on. I have something to show you.

Peter
    Attached Files

I don't remember the thread...
    When you gonna show it?

Comment

A nice and genuine Zimmermann is ruined by this "repair" Here is the final evidence. I let the gallery below speak. The original thread is here: dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182983&highlight=denazified

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Good eye Peter. Looks like someone took the core out, repaired (replaced) the swastika and put it back in ... upside down

Only thing ... if this was an EK1 wouldnt the reverse be upside down? Or did they use a different back to the cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
          Good eye Peter. Looks like someone took the core out, repaired (replaced) the swastika and put it back in ... upside down

Only thing ... if this was an EK1 wouldnt the reverse be upside down? Or did they use a different back to the cross?
          1. Some "collector" decided that he had to "repair" a legit denazification and solder or glue a new swaztika to the cross. At this point the cross is damaged but still have some value.

2. Things will get worse when our "collector" split the cross apart so he can paint the core. He has now ruined the original assembly and soldering.

3. Can things get worse? Yes it can. He put the frame back on upside down. The cross is now totaly ruined and far from what it once was

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
            3. Can things get worse? Yes it can. He put the frame back on upside down. The cross is now totaly ruined and far from what it once was
            Peter
            I agree

Comment

Peter would you want this cross in hand to analyze it. I'll send it to you if you want, even if you want to tear it apart it's fine. The cross to me has no value.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt1939 View Post
                Peter would you want this cross in hand to analyze it. I'll send it to you if you want, even if you want to tear it apart it's fine. The cross to me has no value.
                Use it as a sparepart cross. The hinge and in particular the needle could be of use. The next one you find might be a Zimmermann with a missing needle.

Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers.
                Peter

Comment

Good thread, great investigation, learned a bit...

Comment

Peter,
                    Where did you get the "before" picture from? Was it previously in your collection as a de-nazified cross?

Regards,
                    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                      Peter,
                      Where did you get the "before" picture from? Was it previously in your collection as a de-nazified cross?

Regards,
                      Brett
                      I try to save everything i see. From obvius fakes to splendid originals. I saved the photo with the missing swastika in my "hollow core" folder. I can not recal from what site i sawed it from though.

Peter

Comment

What a shame! Why would someone do such a thing? A de-naz cross is one thing, but to go as far as to completely ruin the frame, re-applying a new swaz and then hacking it back together is just

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                          What a shame! Why would someone do such a thing? A de-naz cross is one thing, but to go as far as to completely ruin the frame, re-applying a new swaz and then hacking it back together is just
                          Bet he was cussing when he saw he'd put it back in upside down!

Comment

As Darrell said earlier, well spotted!

The cross may be able to be saved, try posting it on the conservation forum as there's a guy called Jimmy that seems to be able to work magic with these things.

Brett

Comment

Well spotted Peter,
                              That cross is ruined

Thanks for taking the time to share

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                              Bet he was cussing when he saw he'd put it back in upside down!
                              I wish i could see his face

Regards,
                              Luud

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X