My first DKiG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

congratulations on your DK! A real beauty.

I found some information on the recipient for you.

Wiese, Erich

Hauptmann, (Captain or Flight Luitenant) Beobachter (Observer) in the 1st (F(Longdistance)) Nacht/Aufklarungstaffel (Night/Recon squadron)

Recieved Knights cross on 26 march 1944 as you stated and died on 31 december 1943 near Perwomaisk (Russia).

Hope to have helped

Dirk J.

Comment

Congratulations!! An awarded piece, that right there is a rarity.
      Stephen

Comment

A bit more, awarded the Ehrenpokal 13.07.42
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi all

Could you please provide some links to where you find all this...I have found a little via google, but not that much.

I managed to find that he was awarded the RK
          But guess that's also a beginning.

This is my first piece with some (researchable) history behind it.
          Now I really wanna find more of his belongings

/Flemming

Comment

Last edited by robert39; 11-02-2006, 10:02 AM.

Comment

My info came from the book "die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945 from Walther - Peer Fellgiebel.

Good for such research.

regards,

Dirk J.

Comment

As this recipient died in the war in Russia, how did you come by this cross?

Very interesting thread btw.
                Last edited by deejay; 10-25-2006, 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

I got it from:
                  http://www.philipp-militaria.de
                  I actually tried to buy another cross, but that was stolen in Gunzenhausen.
                  The cross I tried to buy was not as nice as this one, but Claus promised to find me another cross, as the one I was interested in was stolen, and indeed he did so from me...it was my first trade with him, but it wont be my last

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                    Hey that is great. Appologies to Gerd I did not read his link

Cheers, Ade.
                    Yeah, who should believe a commie, when it comes to German Awards? No worries, mate, no apology necessary

Flemming, as a sucker for researched soviet awards i can understand your happiness about an awarded piece with a known reciepient and history behind it Attributable awards are an addiction, believe me.

Glad, i could be of some help.

best,
                    Gerd

Comment

I did also some bussiness with Philip Militaria and I must say he has an excellent service.

I was first thinking about buying also one of his DKiG's, but instead choose one of his KC's (which I will post soon, if I can handle my camera to make some good pics )
                      But I can assure you that if I buy a DKiG (which I will if I gathered some funds) I will surely buy it from Philip.

I must say, this is a marvellous cross that you have .
                      Especially since you know who have earned it. And then that condition....congrats on this gem!!

Comment

Erich Wiese was born on the 08. of July 1913 in Pogeez, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg in Schleswig Holstein. A photo and same information about him can be found in the book "Die Ritterkreuztraeger des Eisernen Kreuzes der preußischen Provinz Schleswig-Holstein und der Freien und Hansestadt Luebeck 1939 - 1945", Juergen Huß / Arnim Viohl. I do not own the book, so I can not make a photo of the information, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by aviatikus View Post
                          Erich Wiese was born on the 08. of July 1913 in Pogeez, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg in Schleswig Holstein. A photo and same information about him can be found in the book "Die Ritterkreuztraeger des Eisernen Kreuzes der preußischen Provinz Schleswig-Holstein und der Freien und Hansestadt Luebeck 1939 - 1945", Juergen Huß / Arnim Viohl. I do not own the book, so I can not make a photo of the information, sorry.
                          Pretty cool, thanks for the information

/Flemming

PS If some others have some really good links to where to search for information about various soldiers from WWII could you please post them, or PM me those.

I have been searching through the Internet via Google, but could not find any more then already listed in this thread

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X