Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the weight of it

Comment

Last edited by robert39; 11-02-2006, 10:00 AM.

Comment

The weight of the cross is 73g...pretty heavy I think

/Flemming

Comment

By a closer look it looks like it says E. Wiese and and then something I can't read and next line looks like 27754?

Could the 27754 be a felt post number? (not sure how it is spelled though)

/Flemming
          Last edited by Flemming; 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

A closer look at the back.

What do you think, could this inscription be a real one...I would like to thing that if it was fake, that they would have made it look more clearly?

WHat do you guys think?
            Attached Files

Comment

The inscription looks period to me, normally fake engravings look a lot more impressive. The 2nd line reads Oblt- Oberleutnant. Looks to match our man from Gerds link. The number would certainly be his feldpost number

Comment

Feldpost number

Hi Flemming, if it is his FP number, it does not fit with the possible candidate offered:

(16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Nachtflug-Staffel 1,
                (15.2.1942-30.7.1942) Nachtaufklärungs-Staffel 1 d. General der Luftwaffe beim Ob.d.H.,
                (31.7.1942-9.2.1943) Nachtaufklärungs-Staffel 1.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Gerd's got it Oberleutnant Erich Weise of 1.(F)/ Nacht Aufklärungs staffel, 10.11.1942, fp.nr. 27754
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                    Hi Flemming, if it is his FP number, it does not fit with the possible candidate offered:

(16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Nachtflug-Staffel 1,
                    (15.2.1942-30.7.1942) Nachtaufklärungs-Staffel 1 d. General der Luftwaffe beim Ob.d.H.,
                    (31.7.1942-9.2.1943) Nachtaufklärungs-Staffel 1.

Cheers, Ade.
                    That would really fit with this guy

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Rank: </TD><TD>Oberleutnant </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Unit: </TD><TD>1.(F)/Nacht-Aufklärungsstaffel </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Received on: </TD><TD>10 November 1942 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="20%">Name: </TD><TD>Wiese, Erich</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Date of birth: </TD><TD>Unknown </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Nationality: </TD><TD>German
                    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

With thanks to Gerd Becker

/Flemming

Comment

Hey that is great. Appologies to Gerd I did not read his link

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Nice looking cross and great work by all the forum members who contributed to finding the original recipient!

Comment

Originally posted by Jørgen E View Post
                          Nice looking cross and great work by all the forum members who contributed to finding the original recipient!
                          Indeed and I am very greatfull to all who help me find the original reciepient of this DKiG

And that is also one of the things I always like about this forum...people are always doing what they can to dig out information, if it is possible.

I have never thought it would be possible to find the original reciepient...but now I know who he is, so now I have to find out more about this guy

Thanks all, a really great job

/Flemming

Comment

A little about the unit, including what and how many aircraft it held.
                            http://www.ww2.dk/air/recon/nst1.html
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

It seems that he also did recieve a RK:
                              http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...reuz/RKW-R.htm

<TABLE width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="14%">Wiese</TD><TD align=middle width="14%">Erich</TD><TD align=middle width="14%">Luftwaffe</TD><TD align=middle width="14%">Hauptmann</TD><TD align=middle width="14%">1. (F) / Nachtaufkl.-St.</TD><TD align=middle width="15%">26. März 1944</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

/Flemming

PS I am going to try and find more information on this guy

Comment

Posthumous RK it seems.
                                http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...23&searchword=

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X