Paul Meyhauer EKII mm '7'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert-

That's a nice Meybauer EK2 you've got there I have one of his bigger brothers (EK1) in my collection, along with his twin. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob Johnson; 10-26-2006, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I was a long time finding this cross. It was just by luck that one of my connections happened across one.

Robert

Comment

Robert

"It is quite the cross. I would think the recipient was a little shocked as they received it."

I'm not sure about that. According to the source of this EK it was mailed to the recipient's widow, via Feldpost. Here's the reverse of the cross' packet with her address on it.
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

That's very nice!

Robert

Comment

Robert-
            Here's my Meybauer EKII. As I mentioned above, I also have a marked "7" cased EK1. I absolutely love the Meybauer produced crosses

Rob

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice example, Rob. The swastikas on these EKII's are nearly above the beading. The only other cross I have besides these with such a high swasi is the '27'. Here's my 7 again...

Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

Robert-

Yes, the swaz is very high on these. I think the Meybauer crosses have so much character

Nice one you have there!

Rob

Comment

[quote=Rob Johnson;1653874]Robert-

Yes, the swaz is very high on these. I think the Meybauer crosses have so much character

And a lot off uggly die flaws
                        Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson View Post
                          And a lot off uggly die flaws
                          Mikael

That's what gives them their character

Comment

Then the J.E. Hammer's (55) must be dripping with character, uh huh. They have more die flaws than Carter has pills.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                              Then the J.E. Hammer's (55) must be dripping with character, uh huh. They have more die flaws than Carter has pills.

Robert
                              "55" EK2's are about as sloppy as they come I have one that isn't too bad, but I've seen some that make you wonder if they were made at 4:55 on a Friday afternoon

Rob

Comment

My '55' looks like it was copied from a copy of a cross that was copied from the worst '55' made. There might be a dozen good beads on the obverse that look good, that's it. It looks like it was double-stamped in the die. And we all know that a Meybauer could never be that bad.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X