Unmarked EK2, any idea of maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK2, any idea of maker?

Picked this one up over the weekend. It is in excellent shape and came with ribbon and packet. The ring may be marked but I cannot make out the marking. The beading looks very nice. Any idea of maker? Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

ring mm?
          Attached Files

Comment

reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

pic 8
              Attached Files

Comment

Any opinions on this cross are very much appreciated

Comment

I'm undecided after studying the photos in the EK2 section. K&Q? Anyone care to weigh in or possibly have one similar to this one?

Comment

James,

The indentation on the ring looks like a maker mark or an attempted maker mark. Under a loup ... can you see anything in that little flattened square?

Comment

Thank you for the response Darrell. I have looked through a magnifiying glass, not a very good one I'm afraid , and it does appear to be a mark that may have been struck with a bit too much force? It is very difficult to make a determination of the numbers with my glass. I'll try to obtain a better loop. Any indicators to you as far as the beading and the very glossy heavy paint? Thanks again..

Comment

Here's a guess...

Looking at the beading at 2:00 at the point where it touches the swasi, the beading crosses like that of a Juncker. I'm not saying it's a Juncker because the other three points are different. But that looks like a '25' with a little heavier paint on the swasi than usual by this maker. The swasi is greatly stepped like both of my 25's. But the maker mark on my rings are rather large, and are not in a box, but easily read on the ring itself. Like I say this is just a guess. If you would like photos to compare I can do that. Wait a few.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert. Some pictures would be great so I can try to make a comparison. Thanks for your input. Gotta love WAF! If you would also like closer pictures of the 2:00 area I can do that too.

Comment

Here's one of my 25's....shooting through glass - hope it will be adequate.

Robert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cross beading at 2:00 by swasi...greatly stepped swasi...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X