Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/12 Ek1

Hello guys,
    Could I have some opinions please on the authenticity of this latest aquisition.Many thanks,
    Paul.
    Attached Files

L/12 EK1

Back.

Comment

L/12 EK1

Sorry! I thought I'd reduced that last one.Anyway heres the maker mark.
      Attached Files

Comment

L/12 EK1

Paul

Here's one to compare:

Neil

Obverse:

Comment

Reverse:

Comment

L/12 mark

Comment

L/12 EK1

Thaks Neil,
              The top of the pin on my EK does'nt seem to be as fluted as on yours,also, am I being paranoid or are the numerals on the 1939 different.
              regards,
              Paul

Comment

Is the core loose?
                Looks to me like it has shifted a bit to the left.

Comment

HI Paul

I thought they did, here is a L/12 screwback for further comparison.

Neil

Comment

L/12 EK1

Mads,the core isnt loose but it is off to the left a little.Cheers for the other comparison Neil.I'm a bit concerned as to the originality of this piece now.Does anybody recognise it as a known type of fake?Any opinions in this matter will be appreciated,
                    regards,
                    Paul

Comment

Hi,
                      Here is a fake L/12.
                      Attached Files
                      David Tiffin
                      "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

reverse
                        Attached Files
                        David Tiffin
                        "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

Paul

There seem to be a number of differences.

1939 style
                          Swaz is very different
                          Pin different
                          L/12 not as sharp

Help from some others would be best.

Neil

Comment

L/12 EK1

Thanks again Neil.Can anyone out there give any further help with this one?

Comment

Hello Paul,
                              I wouldn't frown just yet if I were you . I've seen on juncker ek1's both style of pins! I've also noticed that the date can be slightly different as well.

If you look at the 1st 9 and the 3 - as a group - they cant or lean towards the left. If you look at neils it's just the opposite. In either case, it conforms to what Frank H (moderator) says to look for in a juncker ek: 1st '9' bigger than the '1', '3' bigger than the 2nd '9.'

The swastika does appear to be quite different, at first glance! I think the less than sharp photo as well as that white stuff is giving the swastika a 2 dimentional look, hiding the sides from view and only allowing us to see the very top surface of it - thus making it look 'thin.' Take a look at your cross and compare it to the photo you posted. Is there more there than we are seeing? Do the sides of the swastika slope down from the top surface to the core?

As for the pin, I post this pic of a juncker L/12 cross that belongs to Greg S (hope you don't mind Greg). It is exactly like yours (and mine too .) See I have a juncker '2' marked cross whose date & pin are just like yours! Only I'm looking at cameras now, so no post yet for me. I'm looking forward to having mine reviewed to confirm it's authenticity (I HOPE.)

Well, it's a start Paul, and naturally, just my opinion
                              regards, Vince
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by VincentC; 03-12-2003, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X