Just got to show off my new Fritz Zimmermann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got to show off my new Fritz Zimmermann

I just received this beauty in the mail today along with a full length of ribbon. Look at the perfect beading as it comes down to crowd the swastika with four sharp points! The finish work on this piece just couldn't be any better. The beading is just so semetrically layed out. Time has given the frame a beautifil even patina. What a masterpiece. Yeah, it's gaining my favor, and nearly pushing me away from my 65's and other favorites. Look how perfectly the inside corners are cut.

Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice one.

Peter

Comment

Very nice!! Textbook!!

Comment

Hello Robert, that is one beautiful EK2! The beading is the best I have ever seen, stunning. Great Pics too!
              Mike

Comment

A verry nice cross , and makermarked to .

Comment

Very nice example! Textbook piece!

Comment

The paint on the core reminds me of the black crinkle finish on the old 60's/70's 426 Hemi valve covers

That's one beautiful EKII! A beautiful addition to your collection. Congrats

Comment

Thank you,

Now I've got only 117 to go to make a complete collection of EKII's. I'm really pleased with this EK. It came with a blue period packet, an 11 1/2" ribbon and the waxpaper envelope.

Always looking for the '27' and '138'.

Robert

Comment

Good job, Fritz Zimmermann is my favorite maker of the EK.

Comment

F. Zimmermann

When one sees a Fritz Zimmermann, their is no doubt who the maker is. I personally don't like the fat ugly beading of this maker and would recommend to anyone that has one of these ugly beast to place it on the E-Stand immediately. Only, please PM me before doing so. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ekhunter View Post
                            When one sees a Fritz Zimmermann, their is no doubt who the maker is. I personally don't like the fat ugly beading of this maker and would recommend to anyone that has one of these ugly beast to place it on the E-Stand immediately. Only, please PM me before doing so. Thanks!
                            Yeah, right. Makes me want to hunt for it's brother, the EKI.

I've always been curious about whether or not the soldiers who received these awards really cared about the makers like we do. I'll bet some did.

Robert

Comment

Hello

A very nice cross, and as you say, beautifully crafted. I bet this one wasn't made on a Friday afternoon

Regards
                              David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X