EK2nd Class with packet..??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2nd Class with packet..??????

I have this EK2 with packet, it looks ok but is small, I did a little searching and did not find anything to say yea or nay.. so I am posting for oppinions please, I have another EK2 with packet that is good, the material seems the same but the size is quite different than my known original, this one is small.
    Thanks for your help.
    Van
    Attached Files

back of cross..
    Attached Files

Comment

front of packet
      Attached Files

Comment

back of packet
        Attached Files

Comment

full shot of back
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
            I have this EK2 with packet, it looks ok but is small, I did a little searching and did not find anything to say yea or nay.. so I am posting for oppinions please, I have another EK2 with packet that is good, the material seems the same but the size is quite different than my known original, this one is small.
            Thanks for your help.
            Van
            Hi Van,
            I'm not real clear on whether you're saying the packet or the cross is small...but both look okay to me.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

No problem with this packet and is a harder to find version, it's also one of the better condioned examples I've seen too of this specific packet with this maker mark.

Mine is rather faded and seen better days !

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the comments, I have also been trying to do a little research on Uffz. Dietrich, 8.Kp. ,,,, gad, I ran into a website http://www.feldgrau.com/index.html
                and started doing general searches, ooofa,, found that Uffz. is the rank of corporal, 8.kp is for the 8th company(which there are a million) throughout the Luftwaffe, SS( this that or the other thing), ( Heer this that or the other thing),,, lol...
                lots of Dietrich's come up too through the Luft. Heer and SS... oh well, unless someone should get lucky and find the award document for a Ek2 to a Uffz. Dietrich in a 8th company of something,,lol we wont know who or what unit or part of the military he was in....
                Thanks again for the input all.
                Van

Comment

When you got the item, was anything mentioned about the writing on the packet that might let you know how to track the individual down?
                  Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Unfortunatly no,,, I will have to wait till Monday, I can check with the person I got it from if he knows the history... we will see,
                    Van

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X