No announcement yet.

Knights Crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always like this award, but have the perception of being a little more elitist than the Ritterkreuz des Eisennes Kreuzes, for example, no NCO or EM into the Waffen SS was awarded this medal and I have no info about the same into the KM or LW, yes in the Heer. Anyone can give a table of distribution relating ranks? or at leats how many NCO received this medal? any EM?

Thanks or all

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

This is one of my favourite KVK pictures. Waffenoberfeldwebel Wolf from the elite Branderburg Division
      Particularly interesting as it can be seen on the original print that the ribbon has that stitched centre seam at the hanger which ALL cased originals I have seen also featured, yet one or two have suggested, along with miniature ribbon ties, is indicative of a postwar ribbon.

Dez, only two gold were awarded, to Karl-Otto Sauer and to Franz Hahne. Due to the late date of the awards (20.4.45) neither got an award document, just a latter from their boss Albert Speer ( both worked in the munitions industry)confirming that Hitler had bestowed the award.

Here is the letter that Hahne got from Speer.

Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 03-09-2003, 03:42 AM.

Comment

ribbon..

What a geat photo, Gordon... and you can see that the ribbon where it is gathered in the centre doesnt quite fit into the loop and the medal sits slightly to one side.... as is the case with two of mine.
        Thanks for posting.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

According to the little info I have the soldier in your picture belongs to Gren.Rgt. 84 from 102 Inf.Div. and was the armourer of the unit and was awarded such high decoration for improvement into the material and weapons of the unit. He came from Saxony and was part of the delegation that visited Silesia in April 1.944 at the command of hauptmann Mende in order to improve the volunteer enlistment into the Heer. (Militaria Magazine nº 140, March 1.997)

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Interesting. Patzwall lists him as "Waffenoberfeldwebel im Regiment "Brandenburg", born 17/12/13 in Siebenbrunn (Vogtland)
            Also notes that he had already received a monetary gift from Hitler of 10,000 RM in July 1942, for his devotuion to duty and achievements. Of course he may well have transferred through different units at various points in his career.

Comment

Appears to be two NCO Wolf awarded the RK des KVK mit Schwerten, one that served with Brandenburg unit and named Walter and other serving in Inf./Gren. Rgt. 84 named Karl. Surviving members of this last unit identified theis photo as his comrade Karl. I hope this put some light in the matter. I always liked this medal and want to know how a common soldier could win it, I have seen awards to maintenance detachment chiefs of generals in charge of administration duties, but not too much awards to low grades. If anyone has other examples, pleae put it here.

Thanks

Angel

Comment

RKs

Absolutely delicious, Chris!

Comment

Hello
                  Here is a photo of a recipient, Genral Handloser. This photo is not mine but I don't remember where I found it. The credit will be provided if the original owner wishes it.
                  Regards
                  Denis
                  Attached Files

Comment

Picture

Thanks so much Denis.... a great photograph !
                    Really good to see.
                    Regards,
                    Chris

Chris

Comment

Thanks

A big "thank you" Ludwig... especially for your help in tracking down one of those in the pictures !

Chris

Comment

Other makers ?

Does any forum member have pictures/details of a "65" marked RK to KVK ?
                        It would be very interesting.

Chris

Comment

RKdKVK

Hello!
                          Thanks for your kind words, Chris.
                          I think that Helmut Weitze has a 65 marked cross for sale.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X