Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 - L59 - Do variations exist ?

HI :
    I have come across an EK1 L59 that is quit different from mine .
    The reason for this question . Do variations of the L59 exist ???
    Minute differences happen all the time , but this one differs quite a bit .
    Mine on the right is an early L59 , smaller beading and date .
    The left one has wider beading with steaper bead joints , a taller date and different inside bead points . It looks very close to an unmarked Floch picture I have . Or is there a Floch L59 ????
    Douglas
    Attached Files

I think you should post more clear obverse pics and some reverse pics of two Crosses.

Comment

After checking my archive, I have come across about 4 out of 40 that have that kind of wider beading and more rounded inside corners, of which most belong to members on this forum and the crosses have been given the thumbs up on !
      I only been concentrating on the 'extra' markings that have been found , so never looked at the fronts that closely . Probably then late war ones ?
      The top corner corner 'Metalblob' is what cought my attention originaly and the small subfram indent that appears on Flochs as well . Something I cannot explain .
      Douglas

Comment

Well that first EK do look like a Fritz Zimmerman maker nr 6, compare the rim!.
        Mikael

Comment

Hi Micheal :
          Have to pull up a 6 to compare with yet . What I was wondering was , if the pictures were mixed up front and back. I have asked the owner and pionted out the differences , no reply .
          First some more pictures of the left cross , which I will call Cross 1 and mine Cross 2 .
          Have to resize pictures first, to large for here.
          Douglas

Comment

More pictures of Cross 1 :
            If the front looks like a 6 , ...strange that the back is marked L59 .
            A cross , which i will call Cross 2 has an more or less same front as Cross 1 but is marked L59 as well in a different marking. Pictures later to that .
            Cross 1 first :
            Attached Files

Comment

pic
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic
                Attached Files

Comment

More
                  Attached Files

Comment

Picture; Seen 2 versions of this: 6 line and 7 line tag ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

PNow :
                      Here is the second cross with a very close front as Cross 1 , but still different from a regular L59 .
                      Swastika top surface is more 'puffy' and smother edges ?
                      Pin and back marked with a few of the extra marks . Firts very short and wide 'S' mark I have come across amongst the 'S' Variations .
                      Front is not usual L59 , is this a variant or pictures that do not go together ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Back:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X