Mint '113' on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well,

I can see right now that the maker's name on the packet doesn't match the 113 cross. He's just an e-mail away.

Robert

Comment

I don't find this name on any list of EK manufacturers. Did it in fact exist, and does the packet look legit? If's it's legit, there's an untold story with this 113 packet.

Can anyone who reads German well, describe the name and location for me?

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Schwabisch-Gemund,
        My dad was staioned there in the earley 70 with a Pershing Missle brigade
        DaveJ

Comment

here is another 113 for sale on gunbroker, the ribbon is mint while the cross is pretty rough...

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=55912066

Comment

Hi,

Outstanding cross you have there.

This packets where found a few years ago and they are 100% authentic. The "horde" was very big.

My thesis:
            Carl Forster & Graf in Schwäbisch Gmünd was not a maker but a firm that delivers the Crosses.
            Only an idea!!!
            I think you should ask the guys in the packets forum.

Regards
            Andreas

Comment

i have had my share of those packets, well over 200 that i got from a antiquedelaerfriend that got them from an old man in that area. I think they only produced the packets. Very nice cross btw. Packet is probably added, and maybeeven the silkpaper, packet is real but I should check the silkpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                i have had my share of those packets, well over 200 that i got from a antiquedelaerfriend that got them from an old man in that area. I think they only produced the packets. Very nice cross btw. Packet is probably added, and maybeeven the silkpaper, packet is real but I should check the silkpaper.
                How do I 'check' the silk paper for originality? From the photo it seems quite transparent. Is this typical?

Robert

Comment

Here's the packet one of my "113s" came in.
                  Attached Files
                  George

Comment

Maker name on the reverse.
                    Attached Files
                    George

Comment

While browsing through Kai Winkler's site, I found another Carl Forfter & Graf EKII packet in exc. condition for 50 EURO. I'm beginning to see them here and there now that I own one.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X