Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 EK 2 good or bad?

Dear All,

A friend asked me for my opinion. I told him what I though but would like to back it up with second, your valued, opinions.

Thanks and best regards,

Albert
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO its a souval one, rounded frame, and flat swas
      But regarding fake or real, ill let another one with more experience

Comment

Hi Albert,

as you know, clearly not a Souval. I've never seen one that is so out of shape and with such weak numeral definition. I don't know for sure, but my gut tells me it's not a good one.

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I would say a cheap copy

Comment

Fake and not a Souval at all. I would not be surprised if it is the same faker making the fake RK below.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
              Fake and not a Souval at all. I would not be surprised if it is the same faker making the fake RK below.

Peter
              Oh, not a souval?

Comment

IMO it looks suspect to me, I could be wrong but there are things I dont like such as it appears to have a Souval frame but yet it lacks some of the details of and original frame such as the ridges in the outer corners which on yours are detail less.
                Plus the inner corners on yours seem to have the same type of corner detail as a Floch with the beads crossing over each other.
                And Im not sure what to think of the numbers especially the 1 in 1939 is it bigger than the rest?
                And the font on the front does not seem to match the font on the back, the numbers are completely different.

Comment

I saw a few of these ones yesterday they are not good

Comment

Good Afternoon,
                    I definitaley do not like the '1' on the date. Unfortunately fake methinks.

Regards
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                      I've never seen one that is so out of shape and with such weak numeral definition. I don't know for sure, but my gut tells me it's not a good one.

Dietrich

Oh, yes, didnt notice that
                      The 1939 is much more thicker than the 1813, clearly seen at the "1" of 1939 is much more thicker that the "1" in the 1813

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry but I can only support what already has been written.
                        It is defenitely a copy .

You also can encounter the same core in another frame as marked one.

Best Franki

Comment

Thank you all very much!

This is exactly what I told my friend. I just hope he'll be able to get his money back. In fact, he got taken on two awards: this EK2 and a Narvk shield.

I wonder who is making those "beauties" now???

Best regards,

Albert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X