POLL: DK Desirability: #1 or #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: DK Desirability: #1 or #2

Here is a simple Poll. Assuming that you could have either a Deschler or a Juncker German Cross, and assuming the condition on each was excellent, which would you choose? A '1' or a '2'.

Thanks, and please feel free to leave your comments as to your choice.

Regards,
    Mark
    Deschler, makermarked 1
    60.00%
    Juncker, makermarked 2
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

I had a few Juncker DK over the years and sold or traded all of them, they don't look as good as any other medal produced by the juncker firm. But i kept my Deschler, which came out of the woodwork

Comment

Heinrich,

I may have this exact opportunity in a few days, and was just wondering.... I Appreciate your thoughts.

To me, the Deschler is the best made DK, without question. However, the Juncker (DK) is much scarcer, and alluring, due to the reputation of the Company.

Not sure what to do...

Regards,
      Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

you will see it when you handle the juncker DK they're thin (flat) and don't have the appearance like any other DK. Also the details of the outer star are always "weak".

Comment

The Juncker DKiGs also have thinner, weaker enamel. You often see them w/ damaged enamel

Comment

Deschler, absolutely
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Guys,

Appreciate the comments! I really do want to know why people are in favor of one, or the other.

And it's running neck and neck!!!

Mark

Comment

Well, for the three of you who answered Deschler, thanks. I'm surprised that no one from the 'majority' who voted Juncker, had any comment in support of their choice. I'm also surprised at how few people even voted at all? I was going to post images of a mint Juncker DKiG and a mint Deschler DKiG, but since the interest is so low.....................

Maybe I should just post my new EK2.

Oh well, the times have changed.

Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

i believe, it is difficult to judge when you don't have handled or owned these badges..... but a mint EK2 always generate more posts to a thread

Comment

Hi Heinrich,

Yes, you are right about not many people (like me!) having not handled Juncker or Deschler DKs. But with all the knowledgable experts on the Crosses Forum, and with the hundreds of these crosses in the collecting community, I was hoping for more comments, or at least more 'voters'.

Appreciate your thoughts,
                    Mark

Comment

DKs

Mark

Came to this thread late. As you know I have a certain fascination with Juncker. However, when it comes to DKs I have to say that the Deschler examples that I have owned/handled ooze better build quality and have a more robust feel to them than any other manufacturer of the DK in my humble opinion.

Best regards,

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for chiming in. What has baffled me, at least up till now, was that the 'poll' was in favor of Juncker, yet the comments were for the most part, pro Deschler.

I wanted to hear from the Juncker crowd, as to their opinions, as that's all these comments are. There is no right or wrong. And Tim, being a fellow Luft Mann, you can sure appreciate the love/ hate relationship with CEJ!

Mark

Looks like Deschler is making a comeback, but they are still 'nose to nose'.

Mark

Comment

I have voted "Deschler" with no question/hesitation
                          Juncker, like for most of the badge is a "name" who will always drive more interest for investment - even if you find more DKs "1" than "2".
                          Juncker badges/medals will always drive more money than the other ones (look at the pilot badges ...).
                          Now, even if nobody cares, what drove my choice for the DK was always if it came in a group, with a case ...
                          Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

DESCHLER !
                            NO QUESTION !

Comment

Robin,

I'm not quite sure which way you'd go on this? Can you be a bit more specific!

Thanks for the vote.

Mark

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                              DESCHLER !
                              NO QUESTION !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X