No announcement yet.

My First RK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 08-23-2006, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I've had alot of dealings with Imperial Quest in the past and he has helped me out alot with my collecting. He seems like a genuine individual who I'm sure was only trying to make a point about collecting in general. I'm sure he never meant anything personal in his comments.

Comment

Just fill me in here as im not up on RK's, what do you mean by filler piece?
        And why should it be poat war?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by schinkel2
          Just fill me in here as im not up on RK's, what do you mean by filler piece?
          And why should it be poat war?

Dan
          They are half the price. Assembled Post War.
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

I don't know about the price (neither do I care) but "assembled" is only half the fact.
            I would think that 'produced' is a better description. The non-magnetic cores were for sure stamped after the war and the progression of the next flaw generation as well as the use of such frames (in silver and Neusilber) also for the 57 version indicates active frame production.
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by IMPERIAL QUEST
              Dave, was this common practice to actually wear when walking out day to day, or just at veteran gatherings? I would imagine that there would be some penalty for violating the orders regarding the swastika ban.
              I doubt it was common practice to wear your RK on a day to day basis but veteran gatherings was probably a different matter,I believe the photo was taken at one such meeting.
              The photo is of Alexander Uhlig and I think he was an individual that wasn't that bothered by rules and regulations

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Terrence
                  Is it a 3 piece construction?

Best regards,
                  T
                  Yes it is, since it is a post war made RK by S&L.

Comment

-
                    Last edited by Stephen Stout; 08-23-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Please let's go back to the topic at hand.

If you both want to continue the discussion, do so via PM and don't post the PM's.

Thank you!
                        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

-

Also I was under the impression that vets wore their RKs upside down so that the swas was not seen.
                          Last edited by Stephen Stout; 08-23-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz
                            I don't know about the price (neither do I care) but "assembled" is only half the fact.
                            I would think that 'produced' is a better description. The non-magnetic cores were for sure stamped after the war and the progression of the next flaw generation as well as the use of such frames (in silver and Neusilber) also for the 57 version indicates active frame production.
                            Dietrich what flaws are shown in the early 57s? And is the flawing as bad as the Type"B"s? Also when was the swas outlawed (AKA the latest possible date that the S&L Rk was made)?

Comment

All B-Types have the flaw row and later the B-Type developed also the (nearly, but not same) flaw pattern at the 3 o'clock arm as we can see with the A-Type. But NOT the same pattern. This was always the source of great confusion. The early 57 frames are also B-Type frames and one can find even later frames (post 57) with heavier flawing with a swastika core.

The swastika was basically outlawed right after the war. But this did not stop S&L to produce well into the 60's or maybe even later. I have invoices from a dealer next to S&L selling such crosses to Florida.

If you thought that post-war S&L have been produced in a time frame before it was 'outlawed', you are wrong. As I said, for sure well into the 60's, maybe even longer.

So post war does not mean 1946 or 1947, it means (with S&L) a much longer time frame!
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Nice Cross!!

I wish I had one (even a post-war like this one )

Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X