Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sword Medal weighs 42g, Niemann said that he was quite familiar with the medal and was sure its an original; he also expressed his interests in purchasing the medal. Should you find any problems with it, please kindly let us know, we will highly appreciate your information!
    Attached Files

Comment

Kvk

OK...JW...the weight is correct for an earlier type, which probably accounts for the rather thicker section. Dont like the frosting too much, but the case certainly looks "the business"..

OK, I'll go with it. But can I ask why you asked for an opinion on the forum, do you have doubts ?...if you know it to be good, one has to query why you ask ?

Regards
      Chris

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

KVK swords winner...

Gentlemen,
        Please forgive me, but this is not totally of the subject. I have in my photo collection a war correspondents photo of Knights Cross of the EK winner, General of the Infanterie Otto Stapf, shown at the award of his KVK Knights Cross w/swords. Atlantic photo dated 11.9.1944. I have added this info because I did not see him listed among winners earlier in this thread.
        Regards,
        Dick

Comment

"Hello Mark, will you tell us why? I know very little about this type award and I suspect I'm not alone

There's a book allegedly in process about this very medal by Gordon Williamson who did the work on Iron Crosses and Knight's Crosses which was extremely faulted and poorly researched ( unlike the much anticipated ) work by D. Maerz!

While one publication cost collectors countless thousands of $$ due to mis-information, I'd like to know what to look for in an original medal of this sort PRIOR to a new book jacking up the value of this rare award.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Dave, you´re not alone

cheers
          Peter
          <!-- / sig -->

Comment

I would suggest taking another, closer look. Where is my old friend Darrel when one really needs a definitive expert opinion?

Comment

That's all, gentlemen.
              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X