Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you explain what this "Flaw" is, that I see mentioned prior in this thread?

Comment

I have an unmarked zincer KVK with swords with no maker marks that weighs 49.2 grams with the loop. I was told it came from or off a salesman's board or retail shop and was not an awarded piece.

My Gold KVK with swords is marked 1 and 900 and it weighs in at 43 grams also with the loop.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mott5ranch; 09-12-2004, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Chris,

We've discussed this one previously. It weighs in at 38 grams.

Best,
        Skip
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hallmark / Maker Mark:
            Attached Files

Comment

This one's 33.3 g -- and don't ever ask me to take it off of the ribbon again!
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

-

Excellent crosses!

Comment

My cross is marked 900 1, weight is (33.9) g When found it did not have the ribbon, just have a war merit cross ribbon on it.
                  Regards,
                  Kevin

Comment

back, by the way, I'm still looking for an original ribbon

Regards,

Kevin

Comment

Rather unexpected to see replies to this thread after so long. Thanks

There are two (major) flaws to the RK with swords (900/1). I am not prepared to disclose them on the open forum (for obvious reasons), but if anyone has one of these that they wish an opinion on then feel free to PM me.
                      Regards
                      Chris

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Would the center of 3 shortened on the master die constitute as flaw?

Comment

Here is a picture a RK KVK I bought few years ago for $220.00 as German war medal on Ebay. Unfortunately the scan is not good and I can't make another one because I've resold the medal three days later also on Ebay for $1250. I was wondering whether the oservations I wrote down is correct?
                          1) No cut marks visible on the edges. Edges and a sides on the suspension device are rounded and silvered
                          2) Marked 1 and 900 on lower edges of the cross
                          3) The suspension loop is positioned forward so the medal stays flat when worn.
                          4) Fields are frosted
                          5) The top layer of the metal on the borders, swastika , date and swords handle box is shaved with the chisel to achive diamond cut effect.
                          6) Wrong tool was used by the master engraver to take out excess matter while changing the design of the 3 from a sharp pointed center to the flat nose one. A step outlining original design is left on the field at the base of the number which was transfered to the hub , working die and a final product.
                          7) Measures 53,82mm
                          8) Constant rubbing while worn permanently affects frosting on the reverse .

Was I correct?
                          Regarsd, Art

Comment

I've had lots of requests for info over PM and e-mail...sorry for the delay in replying but I will get back to you all in a day or two (work !).
                            Regards,
                            Chris

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Another RK KVK with die flaws at 38.2 grams. That matches the Wahle cross exactly, which is also a die flaw cross. So the lighter crosses, which have the die flaws, are presumed to be of later war manufacture? Does this really hold, as Carl Wahle was awarded his cross in '43 and would presumed to be a "earlier" manufacture cross. Any thoughts?

Comment

Tom, did you get it?

Roy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X