No announcement yet.

EK2 found in sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the leather can survive nicely for 60 years regardless of leather eating bacteria, probably this iron cross did make it too.

see the link
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=166948&page=2

Comment

Strange

As the EKII was not worn in combat, how did it get there? Unless a shell landed just as the awardee was receiving his award.....

If this has been found in rear area, then it could be storage that was scattered but to be found near a bunker, in sand.....

Comment

In the pocket of Halbe (50 KM south of Berlin) were numerous eastern front medals found- why? The awards for this medal ended in 1944- but they were foun in surprising condition.

For me there is no reason to doubt the story.

Comment

I belive that this cross was founded in the sand, the conservation or non conservation of the items under the sand is a coincidence, we are a lot of factors to condition the preservation of a piece.

Regards

Carlos

Comment

I believe that he could have found it as well, yet I am still amazed at the overall condition.

Comment

I think it's much ado about nothing. Whether it was found in the sand or an elephant's butt. A story like that isn't going to add or take away from it's mystique.
              UNLESS - it fell out of Hitler's plane as he secretly escaped to Bodo in northern Norway, where he actually ran a reindeer farm after the war!!!!

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X