Ek2 What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2 What do you think?

I've had this cross for a couple of years, in fact it was my first EK. One thing I noticed is the where the left arm and the lower arm meet, the point seems to go into the swaz. What's going on here? Anyone seen this before? Is it good? Thanks, Steve
    Attached Files

Ek2 What do you think?

Her's the back
    Attached Files

Comment

This was my first time posting a pic and I screwed up. The back is on an entirely different thread, although the front of this cross is what's in question. Sorry

Comment

I'll answer here. Being that cores were not really firmly set in the frames, there are some EKs that are off center. Might have come from the factory that way, might have shifted at a later date.
        Hope that helps
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

"This was my first time posting a pic and I screwed up. The back is on an entirely different thread, although the front of this cross is what's in question. Sorry"

I fixed it.
          George

Comment

Hello Steve, the cross looks like a wideframe possibly mm24. I have some crosses that the core shifts slightly in the frame.
            Mike
            Last edited by MIKE12550; 07-22-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I have a couple like that, the beading is a bit raised I think, but no problem, IMO. Charlie

Comment

Hello

Looks like a perfectly fine EK2 to me. I have a 'wide frame' EK2, marked '24', on which the frame slightly lips over the swastika. Just one of those things. Either way, you have a nice cross.

Regards
                David

Comment

That's awesome guys. Funny thing about the wide frame idea. This cross sits in a case next to a 1914 EK1 made in the TR era, so it they should be the same size right? Last night when I was having a look I noticed for the first time really that this EK2 looked slightly bigger or a bit different. Wide frame crossed my mind, but I didn't know for sure. Now here are a couple of people confirming it! I was never really suspisious the cross was fake as such, it was more the flaw in it I was wondering about. It's good to have some comfirmation all the same. So these crosses are slightlly larger eh? How rare are they? Thanks, Steve

Comment

Hello

Wide frame EK2s aren't rare. Price wise they are the same as any 'run of the mill' EK2. They aren't necessarily bigger than any other EK2, (mine measures 44.92mm across against the 44.68mm of a 'standard' EK2 which sits next to it in my collection. The 'wide' part refers to the fact that the flange is wider than that normally encountered.

Regards
                    David

Comment

I'll compare those two crosses again to see if there's any difference.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X