EK Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK Project

This may be crazy but I am considering as a long term project, to attempt to collect an EK2 with one of each maker mark. I'm sure someone has done this before. Aside from the money involved, as this is long term, can this be realistically done. A few questions:

1. Are some MM harder to find than others, if so which ones.

2. Did all the makers of EK's make both EK1's and EK2's? Or did some just make one or the other exclusively?

3. Are all makers known? Or have new ones surfaced?

Thanks, Steve

Originally posted by Steve Campell
    This may be crazy but I am considering as a long term project, to attempt to collect an EK2 with one of each maker mark. I'm sure someone has done this before. Aside from the money involved, as this is long term, can this be realistically done. A few questions:

1. Are some MM harder to find than others, if so which ones.

2. Did all the makers of EK's make both EK1's and EK2's? Or did some just make one or the other exclusively?

3. Are all makers known? Or have new ones surfaced?

Thanks, Steve

Steve,

You have quite the long way to go and at the rates the prices are going up a lot of money to spend....

Yes, some MM are harder to obtain than others.........are you talking about Shinkel crosses as well?

I wish you the best of luck my friend.

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Steve,

I wish you luck, I've been collecting EKII's for over 20 years and have yet to get the full range of makers - some are very hard to find!

Mike

Comment

Might be shooting a little high by the sounds of it. What are the hard MM's to find?

Comment

Steve, you're not shoooting too high - perserverence will get you there.

One of the EK1's I had a problem with was a L/57 - however in the last week the baby came home in mint condition.

As for the EKII's, I'd rather not comment on the rare one's I'm missing - it could cost me a fortune

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by fugpaw
            Steve, you're not shoooting too high - perserverence will get you there.

One of the EK1's I had a problem with was a L/57 - however in the last week the baby came home in mint condition.

As for the EKII's, I'd rather not comment on the rare one's I'm missing - it could cost me a fortune

Mike
            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew
              LOL
              Manyana - sorry the spelling is incorrect (it's been a long day!)

Comment

You'll find this a very helpful tool!!!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/iron...ross_2.htm#top

Allan
                Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

According to the chart listed on this site, there are 59 different makers. there are also 3 other makers with L in front of them which I think are private order crosses but these are just duplicates of the makers listed above them. Is that it? Are there more than whats listed here? Money wise it seems like a $7000-$9000 investment. In this hobby there's single items going for that, unless some of the rarer ones are going for more. Like I said, a long term project. Well it's one down and 58 to go. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Ek2 Rarity Stats

STEVE
                    A GOOD PLACE TO GET INFO ON EK2'S IS ON THIS FORUM UNDER CATAGORY IRON CROSS. GO 46 THREADS DOWN FROM THE TOP AND CLICK ON EK2 RARITY STATS BY BLITZ. HERE MANY COLLECTORS LIST WHICH IRON CROSSES THE HAVE BY MAKER MARK OR SPECIFICS AND NICE GUY BLITZ KEEPS TRACK OF THE TOTAL NUMBER BY MAKER.

GOOD LUCK RICK SCHMID

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell
                      Well it's one down and 58 to go.
                      That's the spirit!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X