Ek1 / RK puzzle of the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 / RK puzzle of the week.

Every week I try to collect new recipients for my website (subtle plug ) and this week I'm close, very close but I need help! Detlev has me stumped.

He has censored out a name and I am pretty sure according to 'das ordenstrager der deutchen wehrmacht' its this bloke:

Klöpping
    Wilhelm
    Obergefreiter
    5./Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 4 / 6 Panzer-Division

However Detlev's pictures and notes on his sale page say a different award date but same year, who else could it be? everybody else who got an award in that regiment in that division was of higher rank when awarded the ritterkreuz.

The doc that convinces me it must be him is on the bottom center and I have circled the date, looks like a 15.05.43 or 18.05.43

What do you all think?

Comment

I think email Detlev and ask him!

Edit: just realised Frank has given you the answer!

Nice job on the website by the way, I had a look at it earlier today.

Brett
      Last edited by Sonderkommando; 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Frank mate, you've got some great eyes if you managed to get past Detlev and me! Thanks!

Hi Brent, thanks for the advice but Detlev, bless him tends to keep mum about his groupings unless you're the buyer. Thanks for the site comments but there is still a lot of work. I need a good solid day or two to bring it into the 21st century, almost impossible with a new baby

Comment

Yep .. looks like Frank nailed it. I cross referenced it in my RK book and it matches:

Klopping, Wilhelm ..................... Obgefr., MG-Schtz. in 5./Pz. G. R. 4 ...................... 15.5.43

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X