No announcement yet.

Rounder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me (based upon the jump-ring eyelet, they are different crosses.

Comment

Its must likely a photoshoped picture. Cross look like thirdreich.ca one.

Comment

No, it's a scan of an original picture - but it looks like an S&L Cross to me (and I might add, to Dave)

Comment

Craig
          The photo show in my opinion a Juncker cross. Many (but not all) knight crosses by Juncker have the inner corners shaved off to make better room for the swastika. The fake "rounder" has much stronger rounding than any Juncker has.

Peter

Comment

Okay, maybe it is.

Comment

It definetely CAN'T show a Rounder (unless it's a fake photo, which it is not)
              I remember earlier discussion about pictures like this were the inner rounded corners let most of the people believe (and correctly so - by examples) that such crosses are most likely Juncker.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Juncker rings are much more 'shouldered' and broad toward the base...

S&L Crosses show a little more 'cutting in' at the base and give the appearance of sitting taller....
                Attached Files
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

I kind of like what Craig did here - period photographs are a real resource.

Comment

Thanks Werewolf - I always find period photos to be excellent teachers. Unfortunately, not all of what we see in photos is useful (its as if these guys knew we'd be studying their pieces, and somehow turn away from the camera at just the right angle, or cover an important feature with their hand or a piece of equipment), but in this case, it seemed to be useful!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X