cased 26 EK!...different....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cased 26 EK!...different....

has a block hinge and a flat sheet catch...case is marked for pforzheim...all the pics i see of 26 marked crosses ar ethe "horde" stash...is this an earlier one?
    thanks
    mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike. Very interesting case

The cross is accepted as an original variation. Although not a type normally found (i.e. like the Horde Type) original none-the-less

Comment

thanks Darrell...good to know...the case is quite interesting to me as well...figured you cross guys could get a buzz off it...if anybody needs to have it drop me a line...always interested in trades
            mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
              thanks Darrell...good to know...the case is quite interesting to me as well...figured you cross guys could get a buzz off it...if anybody needs to have it drop me a line...always interested in trades
              mike
              Mike, got any more pics of the case? I'd love you to post it in the Packet's Forum to see Marcus and Allan drool over this one

Comment

That's a generic Mayer award case,check Gordon Williamson's The Iron Cross of 1939 book page 119.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
                  That's a generic Mayer award case,check Gordon Williamson's The Iron Cross of 1939 book page 119.

Dave
                  You are correct Dave. Good Eye Still these must be fairly rare, you don't see many of them at all.

Comment

FANTASTIC case , check out one of my 26 pieces at the back !!!

slim100_0430 (Small).jpg

Comment

I had a gold wound badge in a case like this. Nice cross.

Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Does the base insert come out Mike?...would be interesting to see if it has a KB number or not.

Dave

Comment

i lifted the base out a bit...i see a 2078 number imprinted in there...this is on the case itself...not the padding...on the back of the padding is a 621KB number

Comment

The case form is more or less a common sorts, '26' marked crosses are known to come in several types of case, theres alot of hype about these mint hoard ones so everyone associates these croses with that other form of case.

What makes the case nice is that you seldom encounter the stamp of the maker name on the outer covering, this one being a proper stamp forming a incuse impression rather than some ink or paint type on the liner or outer covering.

You find them but among the numerous and plentiful supply of EK cases at this moment in time, it's a trait not so commonly seen.

Comment

Hi,

thanx mike for showing this "26" EK 1. I searched for good pics of this variantion with this "needlesystem".
                              Very interesting. Congrads

Regards
                              Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X