Schinkel II.. Right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schinkel II.. Right or wrong?

Good morning Gentlemen, received this Schinkel today, and seeing that It's my first, I thought that I would ask the experts for an opinion... Return or keep ?
    Many thanks, In advance..
    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

John

Very nice cross. I would say 'keeper' but it comes down to you... these can be found in super mint condition so it depends on what you like.

Regards

Rich
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

I agree, nice looking cross.
      Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Hi Rich, the price was well below the market value and so I think I'll keep It as an example, and wait for a minty one..
        BTW, your bird is feeling quite at home and has settled in very nicely...

Thanks for the help, Guys...
        Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

I agree it looks like a nice cross, if you decide to sell it let me know, as I've been looking for a Schinkel EKII.

Richard how come these crosses can be found in super mint condition? were they found stored away or something?

Regards
          Phil

Comment

Phil, I have another one on the way but I think It may have a different style of font to the dates( I understand that there are at least 4 font styles on these Shinkels), In which case, I'll keep It..How ever If It turns out to be the same as the one above, I'll give you a call...
            Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Cheers John, I had know idea there was 4 different types of fonts on the Schinkel EKII.

Can I ask a question on values, as I know they vary,
              1) Whats the value of a Schinkel EKII? as I see quite a lot of these.
              2) Whats the value of a Schinkel EKI? as I don't think I have ever seen one for sale.

Regards
              Phil

Comment

Phil

Most EKII's can be found in mint condition (or mint but tarnished) as they were never worn and sat most of their life in the issue envelope or in a drawer somewhere. Detlev N. has mint examples on a fairly regular basis.

I'm not up on Schinkel prices but I think they are about double the price of a regular.

Rich
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

even higher than that, a good Schinkel EK2 can be 180.- Euros these days, a Schinkel EK1 can fetch up to 450.--500.- Euros!

Cheers, Frank
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello All,

Phil,
                    Just to confirm what Frank has said, I`ve been looking for a schinkel cross myself and offer the following information,
                    I have found 2 schinkelform EKI for sale priced at 600 euros and 450 euros respectively and 5 schinkelform EKII for sale priced at 180, 185, 195, 230 and 285 euros.
                    Hope this is of use to you.

Best regards,
                    Adrian.

Comment

Cheers for the price guides and info Richard, Frank and Adrian,

I think I'll leave looking for a schinkelform EKII for a while then as I thought they were only about £90 - £100, well at least until a bargain comes along

Regards
                      Phil

Comment

I´ve paid 54 euro for my schinkel EK2 !!!!! the seller thought it was a normal EK2 1939
                        Best buy yet !

Cheers all,

Ron

Comment

Ron,
                          Great price! I lucked into one for $80 at an antique mall, probably because the seller also thought it was a normal 1939 EK II.

Carsten Baldes generally has some Schinkel EK IIs for sale, and his site shows three right now, Euro 180-185.

Regards,
                          Greg
                          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X