EK2 Spange envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Spange envelope

I've seen this kind of packet used for other awards too (same kind of paper, same print/typeface).

Are they authentic?
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Dear James,

Only a very personal opinion:

Always hard to tell if one of those is the real thing. the pictured one is one I would not blindly trust. For my taste, the paper quality is too good (not enough "wood splinters" in it) and the L/12 seems weird to me.

Cheers, Frank
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Yes - I wondered about the L/12 mark too. I've only seen the front of similar packets, so don't know if they had makers on them or not.

I also wondered why it didn't say "Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1939"

Comment

Try this-

James,
          I have three envelopes in my collection. Two are the same style as the one you show. The other is an old blue EK2 envelope. The two that look like the one you posted react to black light. They look mottled/spotty. The EK2 is dead to the light. By the source I know that the two envelopes are fake. I found this while playing with the ribbons. I would be interested to see if known originals react in a similar manner.

Chet

Comment

Chris,

That's interesting - this one doesn't react to black light. I still don't think the paper is right though.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X