Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for opinions about an EK2 Ü-Grösse

Hi,

a collector and friend offered me this EK II Ubergr******246;sse. For me it looks ok but more eyes see more than two.

So, i'm grateful for each opinion.

Regards
    Andreas

Obverse

Reverse

Hi,

can none help me there?
    I cannot believe that nobody knows enough for having an opinion.

I hope that somebody will give me an answer. Or is there any problem from wich i didn't know something. In forums there are often problems and because of that i'm asking in that direct way.

Regards
    Andreas

Comment

It's a holiday here in the States, Andreas. Many people are out having picnics, and spending time burning beef on the barbe. Tonight, they will be watching fireworks...

So I would bet that a majority here in the States havent even seen your query yet!

I am in no way someone you should be asking about this, but since no one else has spoken, I will give my concern...

The cross looks bad to me for the following reason: The ribs on the frame seems to not be even. If you look at the inner corners, they should be uniform, like a chevron all the way to the point, but they are not. For example, the obverse pic shows uneven ribbing in the inner top left where the top of the frame and the left hand of the frame meet. They should be uniform, as mentioned above, and come to an (almost, if not) perfect V. In that spot, it looks more like a T, which is a tell tail sign to me that it's not good.

But again, I dont collect EKs (only own one, currently) so I have not done my homework. I am only going on memory of what I have read about detecting fakes in the little reading I have done about the EK.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will come along shortly and back me up or tell me I am FoS!

But I, personally, would not add it to my collection.

- Aldwyn

Comment

Are the height and width correct? Charlie

Comment

Here's mine, which I think compares favorably to yours.
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

Reverse.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

JC Water just posted a couple. If you can view his pix, you can compare there...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=165394

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

hallo andreas,

das kreuz ist in ordnung.

stef

Comment

Hi,

first thanx to all for your help.

@Aldwyn
                  I thank you very much. I've understood what you mean but what you tell we often see with authentic crosses in Übergröße or round threes. I also thank you for explain what's going on in the USA at this time.

@FW 200
                  The height,width, size of the arms and the weight is all correct

@George
                  Thank you for showing your very nice cross for example. I would say that it shows me that is all all right with my cross.

@hankmeister
                  Thanx for the link. I think they look like mine.

@StefanK.
                  Dank Dir. Ich dachte es mir schon, wollte aber Sicherheit haben. Diese EKs sind ja nicht gerade billig.

Kind Regards
                  Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X