Question about the Prinzen size clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Prinzen size clasp

I have a few questions about the Prinzen size clasp and hope that the members of this forum can help me. So here we go

1. For the "normal" clasp we know to pattern (or is version the better word?) is this also for the Prinzen size clasp?

2. Gordon Williamson wrote in his book "The iron cross of 1939" that the Prinzen size clasp is also known with four prongs/pins on the back (not only with two). Has anybody a picture of such a clasp? (front- and backside please)

3. Is the Prinzen size clasp a official piece with is certified by the LDO?

4. Know anybody Prinzen size claps mit marermarks?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks and Greetz

BassD

no one any opinion?

Comment

Okay, let's see.
      Question # 1 -- I'm not sure what you are asking.
      Question # 2 -- I had a Prinzen with four prongs once, but I suspected it was a repro. (I don't have it anymore. I sent it to someone for examination, and it got lost in the mail!)
      Question # 3 -- Since Prinzen Spangen were unofficial pieces, I doubt that they would have had the official sanction of the LdO.
      Question # 4 -- I've never seen or heard of a Prinzen Spange with a maker mark.
      George

Comment

Thanky for your reply George. Ok i try to explain what i mean with question #1

For both classes we know two versions. One with trapezoidal qlaque and one mit the concave sides of the plaque. Can we found this two version also by the Prinzen Size?

Thanks and greetz

BassD

Comment

Oh, I see.
          I've never seen a Prinzen Spange with the concave sides to the date box. I seen stickpins with that feature, though.
          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
            Question # 3 -- Since Prinzen Spangen were unofficial pieces, I doubt that they would have had the official sanction of the LdO.
            Where they unofficial? I thought they were official for mounting on the medal bar as the button-ribbon designated clasp was too big?

Rich
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

By "unofficial" I mean that they were not (to the best of my knowledge) officially awarded pieces. But I suppose that stickpins weren't awarded either, and plenty of those have LdO designations. So I guess it's possible that a Prinzen Spange could also.
              George

Comment

Here is a photo of mine as purchased from Herr Niemann and 'mounted' on EKII and Eastern Front ribbons.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi hagwalther ,

can you may add a picture of the reverse from the Spange?

Regards
                  Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper
                    Hi hagwalther ,

can you may add a picture of the reverse from the Spange?

Regards
                    Andreas
                    There you go.

Er, I'm not going to try to remove it from the ribbon though.

Regards ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

A pic of my 4-prong Prinzen is attached. Only the two upper prongs are visible. It came out of an old collection and I personally don't have any problems with it. From memory, it is not marked.

Seems to be some cross-talk about official award (non-LdO) pieces and officially sanctioned pieces (full sized awards or otherwise) which were available for private purchase, and therefore controlled by the LdO - hence L/ marked stickpins, etc. For what it's worth, I don't recall seeing any marked Prinzen Spanges either.

Regards
                      Mike
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike Kenny; 06-22-2006, 11:45 PM.
                      Regards
                      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks all for the reply

BassD

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X