S&l Knights Cross With Offset 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&l Knights Cross With Offset 800

I recently inspected a nice, 100% dead on textbook KC of the S&L firm. The award is attributed to having come straight from a deceased German veteran - the story is true, since the item comes with a variety of other artifacts clearly from the widow and named to the person himself.

Again, the odd thing is there are no other marks except the expected "800" which is proper in size and font, but its offset to the right and not below the ring.

Any thoughts? Sorry don't have any photos.-C

If the cross is a genuine S&L A-Type (which is the only genuine type marked "800' only) then my thoughts would be : "the stamp is off-set to the right and that's it"

It's not the position of the marking that makes a cross genuine.
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

This far?............
      Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-16-2006, 11:54 PM.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

There are some heavy flaws all over the place. Is it an A-TYpe?
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thanks - NO, its actually not that far over. I would say about 1/3 of the way over to the right - so that's 1/3 of the distance between where the ring comes down to meet the frame and where the frame ends. The cross is textbook, and even has some remaining frosting, but much worn off. Suspension ring is "800" marked, and comes with short neck ribbon with cloth tape ties sewn to the ends of the original ribbon.-C

Comment

On the cross I am looking at, it seems some typical, expected, but minor flaws on the 9:00 position - also possible on the 3:00 position.-C

Comment

Thanks Charlie!
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X