Knight's Cross for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross for sale!

This is just plain silly or rings of BRASS balls...

A direct reference to Detlev's book...COMPLETELY used out of context and associated w/ an alleged well known war hero but the most egregious is the reference to LATE war!!!

What's going on???? It's a bloody post war assembled Cross and even the PRICE confirms it!!
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Perhaps the price still includes the Christmas discount?

Comment

This is really a very silly cross! It is clearly a B-Type and therefore not early but rather very late. Maybe with war he means Korean War???

I honestly hope nobody will buy this one!
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Roy, unfortunately when the 25% 'discount' hits...it will be gone!!!

Jeeez, Dietrich I'm 'attempting' to be civil but " Maybe with war he means Korean War???".....that's just too funny!

Seriously, though it does make a guy want to chuck it in....years of work, study and discussion and crap like this ( with a story ) is still rammed down a collector's throat...
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Rk

I think mine looks better and even with 25% off....I still got a better deal

Comment

It's really not a question how it looks. I've seen originals that look worse than this example but they are originals. The 'burned' Zimmermann's are sold for not much more, are absolutely original and beautifull.

I don't know what to think about this one here. The intend, I mean.

Either Mr. Winkler knows that this cross is post-war and then he should not put this story out (which does not fit!) or he does not know, which, as a dealer of his stature, is alarming.

The problem here is that whatever is written here or on other places on the net doesn't reach the eyes and ears of the broad masses.
              The "certificate of authenticity" and the "right to return" immidiately shuts of the buyer's brain cells and the question of genuine is no longer based on own research and knowledge but on one sentence: "I bought it from XYZ with a COA"

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

COA's have become a sales gimic for the most part. They have about as much credence as an extended warranty when you buy a car. The dealer knows that the chances of having to honor such a warranty is very much in his favor of not having to do so.

COA's have become a way for some (many?) people to avoid having to do their 'homework' on what they collect. It used to be that one could have a special collectable vetted by an accepted 'expert' who would put his opinion in writting. Usually on genuinely rare items. Now a days it seems one can get COA's for buttons and shoe laces.

When it comes to collecting one eventually learns that there are very few sure things. The rest is personal satisfaction and what you are comfortable with in your collection.

Von Moltke's dictum still holds true. "First ponder, then dare!"

Tony
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

IMO, you must educate yourself first then you will have no problems buying anything, regardless of where it comes from.

Rich
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X