Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf's Hitler EK

Hi everyone

Ive always had some questions about the EK that Hitler used...

First of all:

The EK1 that hitler was always wearing....is the EK1 that he was awarded with in WWI ?
    Cause i know that hitler recieved an EKII by saving a mate, and then the EKI cause of bravery in battle after being afected by a grenade that made him blind for a short time

So, is the EKI that he is always wearing..the one he was awarded with?

And, if so....
    Were is that EK????

The russian soldiers found it? or not?

Plz, any info regarding to this ek will be really helpfull, especially if it talkes about what could have been the destiny of it

Thnks in advance!

I've wondered about that too. The EK1 he wore is indeed the one he won during WWI for getting a message to or from HQ (I don't remember exactely). I never heard anything about it, so my guess is that he wore it when commiting suicide and that it was subsequently burned.
    (Or perhaps Traudl Junge kept in hidden in the night-stand for years )

Comment

I dont know about el adolfo's iron cross, but his gold party badge was apparently stolen from a museum in russia a short time ago. It was supposedly stolen to order, an outcry for a short time afterwards and then a cry of 'oh it was a repro used for display'. Who knows ?

Comment

I think his ek1 was awarded by a jewish superior officer if the story is correct. Guess he didnt warm to the idea.

Comment

On a documentary made by german television I have seen some 2 or 3 years back there were - for the first time - images of Hitlers remains as well as of 2 of his uniforms, since 1945 in a russian archieve. One of the tunics (brown Partei) has a EKI 1914 pinned on. I recorded this, will see if I can post a stand-still of the video-tape.

Comment

I doubt that Hitler always wore the specific EK that he was awarded. I know that I've seen footage of him speaking where his cross has spun out of alignment, indicating that it was a screwback version. To the best of my knowledge, screwbacks were not award pieces.

(And say -- isn't this technically an "Imperial" topic? )
            George

Comment

Last edited by Scott M; 08-27-2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

His 20 Juli Badge

Here is AH's personal 20 Juli Badge
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

It is my understanding that at least one of Hitler's EKs is in the prominent collection of a well known dealer/collector in California along with Hitler's Brown shirt etc.

As for the awarding of the EK, this subject is covered in depth in John Toland's massive bio of Hitler. As I recall Hitler was recommended for the EK1 very early in the war for saving his commander's life. Unfortunately for him the Regt Cdr and others in the chain of comand were killed before the award could be approved. It would be several years before he would finally receive the EK1 for actions on the front. (he served as a messenger for the majority of the war). And yes, one of the officers involved in the recommendation of his award (the Cdr or Adjutant) was of the Jewish faith.

Gary B
                  ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Check out the book Uniforms of the Third Reich by Arther Hayes & Jon Maguire pages 218-222. If you need me to make some pictures of these pages just let me know.

thanks,
                    barry

Comment

Thnks everyone for the information !!!
                      Ive just arrived from school, and saw some beautifull replys

Comment

Hitler's EK

Hello,
                        Hitler had more than one EK, he was not taking it off from one uniform to the next. I know the late Ben Swearigen and Mickey Huffman had EKs that came from Hitler's apartment and Eagle's Nest at the end of the war. I don't remember who owned it, but one of the EKs had an onyx center (I think it was Ben's). Plus there was one example cremated with Hitler. I was able to correspond with Otto Guensche and he told me that when Hitler was cremated his EK and wound badge were still on him. After his suicide they wrapped him up in an army blanket and removed nothing from him.

Of course, I have no idea what happend to Hitler's original EK. I can say that Hitler had more than one example for his uniforms.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
                          Hello,
                          Hitler had more than one EK, he was not taking it off from one uniform to the next. I know the late Ben Swearigen and Mickey Huffman had EKs that came from Hitler's apartment and Eagle's Nest at the end of the war. I don't remember who owned it, but one of the EKs had an onyx center (I think it was Ben's). Plus there was one example cremated with Hitler. I was able to correspond with Otto Guensche and he told me that when Hitler was cremated his EK and wound badge were still on him. After his suicide they wrapped him up in an army blanket and removed nothing from him.

Of course, I have no idea what happend to Hitler's original EK. I can say that Hitler had more than one example for his uniforms.

Regards,
                          Jody

Ohh thank you so much for this information

I didnt know about that he had many EKs

You had the opportunity to speak with Otto Guensche?
                          WOW, thats awesome

What else did he tell you

What about...hitler's uniforms?? i bet he had more than one

Comment

I recently saw a German made documentary called Downfall which is excellent but very depressing. It is about the last days of Berlin as seen from Hitlers secretary who survived the war. In the movie he gave his golden party badge to a woman, Frau Goebbels I think, who also committed suicide. She was shot by her husband after poisoning all her children before he shot himself. Maybe you see why this is a depressing movie. I believe they were burned as well so if that golden party badge is being stolen, I guess someone pivcked it off her as a souvenir. Maybe/ probably he had several of those as well.

Comment

here

Hello all,

While I can't add much to this thread here is a link:

http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/To...seofNazism.htm

Click the image of Hitler and you can see some better images. This site claims that this was Hitler's shirt, now if this was Hitler's EK_1 I do not know.

Of course Adolf Hitler had more than one EK_1 - He was Adolf Hitler!

William Kramer
                              Attached Files
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X