Iron Cross 2nd Class - Is this a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross 2nd Class - Is this a fake?

Hi, I am posting this question plus a few others for a friend. He purchased these medals recently but is concerned that he has fakes. I am no expert as I too am new to this hobby. I know all you experts will be able to tell ... I will be starting seperate treads for each medal, 4 in all. I want to say thank you in advance for your help. --- (3 of 4) This one is an Iron Cross 2nd Class. We can not really make out the maker mark. Any comments on the medal or the ribbon? Thx
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Last One
            Attached Files

Comment

Really don't see anything wrong with this one. The attaching ring is kind of different, but overall looks pretty good. Can't really tell what the maker mark is...

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello,

I agree, the cross looks to be a good one but that is one weird ring loop.

Can you read that maker mark; it would help us all out a lot.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Looks ok to me and the small ring is different I know but I have a #15 with that type of ring.

Comment

Thank you all for your responces...my friend took another look at the maker mark and thinks it looks like a 75?

Comment

Good chance of it being a 15 then, I don't think this matches the 75's.

Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X