Strange core finnish on Ek 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange core finnish on Ek 1.

Hi all. Here is an picture of an Ek 1 i recived today.I realy would like to read your comments about it,especely regarding the finnish of the core on the cross.At some distans it looks blackish with brown streaks,kind of glossy but closer up as in the pic you can see how it looks.There is also a verry strange smell to the cross witch i do not know how to describe. I`ll let the pic do the rest of the talking.somthing is wrong here.

Kr.
    Attached Files

A closeup on the Swastika area.
    Last edited by Mickesouth; 06-15-2006, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Looks as if someone did a poor job of applying gun bluing to the core in an attempt to cover flaked or peeled paint....

Comment

In my opinion, it looks like it's had some kind of oil on it. Possibly to clean it or try and slow down rust?

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Mickesouth
          In my opinion, unless it is a marked cross from a rare maker, return the cross.

Cheers.
          Peter

Comment

Thx guys. Here is an pic on the back side to.Its an mm 6 cross, vaulted.Id like to think it was vaulted by original owner but...

Comment

Hello,

yepp, is a "nice " F. Zimmermann.
              It is too bad that core has lost its paint.

Best Franki

Comment

Hmm somthing has happend here or im totaly wrong.Take a look at this borrowed pic. of a Ek 1 Mm 6 . compare it to the one i posted earlier in this post.I have red-dotted som intrestning places at new doubblepic of Ek 1.Compare the details, mainly small scratches and marks on the rear side and on the pin and around the hook.Id say it is the same cross b4 and after some kind of treatment.What do you think ?? you prolly have to save the new pick down at your pc and opening in photoprogram and use Zoom-function.

Kr.

Comment

As i told you. Return the cross. It has clearly been tampered with in any case.

Cheers.
                  Peter

Comment

Thank you Peter. Yes the seller has been contacted.Just wanted have it out in the clear for the arguments,if needed.

Comment

Well if i know him he will keep it
                      Mikael

Comment

About the smell. Is it a metallic smell that leaves a metallic taste in your mouth? Any acid or sulfur smell would indicate a chemical bluing agent or an acid to affect the finish.

Comment

After some E-mailing discussing this the seller accepts the cross back.
                          Last edited by Mickesouth; 06-06-2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

The Ek 1 was returned and i have got the payment returned.

Now i would like to express how good this forum and its members realy is. We newbees keep sendingour pics in for oppinions regarding orginality, maker tec. and members with the knowledge keep answring same questions day after day.These 25$ must have been the best invested cash in this hobby so far. Thanks all for helping !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X