Deschler & Sohn EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler & Sohn EK1

These are the only photos I have from the seller, can't get any more. Pic of the back is blurry.Any kind of opinion is welcomed,thanks

Front - http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...57522187cv.jpg
    Back - http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...57521259kx.jpg

I do not like . Does not look good to me. Here is mine to compare.
    Attached Files

Comment

And here is the pin setup
      Attached Files

Comment

Must have better pic., but I don't like it either. Henri, is your ek1 Deschler as wide as the Deschler ek2's and heavy like them? Charlie

Comment

Hello

I agree with the other two comments. If the seller can get such a clear, sharp picture of the front ask them for the same of the back, and a close in shot of the maker mark.

That said, from what I can see in the picture, the back doesn't look right. Leave it and find another.

Regards
          David

Comment

Originally posted by FW 200
            Henri, is your ek1 Deschler as wide as the Deschler ek2's and heavy like them? Charlie
            Charlie, my Deschler looks regularly wide and thick and as for weight, I did not weigh it, but in hand it feels the same weight like other ek1s. Mind you, I never handled a Deschler ek2.

Comment

duffer_jones
              It is one of those "L/54" fakes. Can be found with many types of markings and hardware. Run away from it.

Cheers.
              Peter
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 05-28-2006, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henri S
                I do not like . Does not look good to me. Here is mine to compare.
                Henri,

I also not sure about your cross.
                Your cross doesn't look like my mm1 and L/10.
                IMO its not a Deschler cross.
                Mainly core (date) frame and needle setup looks different.

The sizes on mine is a little more then 45mm and the weight is around 25 gram.

Best regards,
                Luud

Comment

Henri,

I too have concerns with your EK1. While it look similar to a Deschler from the reverse, the '1' is too short and on the obverse the core and frame do not match to Deschler.
                  Last edited by Rich G; 12-10-2006, 03:18 PM.
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

Thanks Richard and Luud. I am confused now. To me the reverse looks OK, but when comparing to Richard's I see few differences. So is this a different maker ek1 or a fake?

Comment

I saw this thread 2 minutes after he posted duffer_jones it
                      I didnt like them either, i think the front photo shows something rare, and thats why i didnt like it, my opinion is that is a fake....i agree with all the people (and its rare like Henri S said.....the reverse looks original, but i have also my doubts on the front photo)....but when i first saw it, i wanted to see other replys just to make sure

PS: Guys, dont forget that the reverse (i think) can be easily aged by someone

Comment

Duffer I am sorry to hijack your thread, but hopefully we can learn from this, as one always learns and I might have a non legit deschler here. When I bought this, I had looked at the pin and thought it to be authentic. But ...

Been trying to compare my deschler. I have taken a few more pictures, hopefully more clear than the previous and to eliminate the possibilty of being taken at a wrong angle. To be honest looking at details I do see some differences . Looks like the core might be repainted. May I have more opinions. Was I fooled on this one . A variant or a fake
                        Attached Files

Comment

Retaining hook
                          Attached Files

Comment

Obverse angled view
                            Attached Files

Comment

Henri
                              Is that rust i see on the frame of your cross?

Cheers.
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X